maha lakshmi worship on mondays

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by dasikajl, Apr 7, 2014.

1. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

hi all
    does anyone of u know that on worshiping maha lakshmi for 7 mondays by reciting mahalakshmi asthotram with 108 1re coins & on the last monday we have to invite a couple for lunch and serve them food with ghee.
    this is the information i have but if there are any changes pls let me know
    this pooja is performed to improve financial conditions
    regards
    jaya

2. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dasikajl,

I think we usual worship goddess Mahalakshmi on either Fridays or on Tuesdays this is the first time i am noticing few worship her on Mondays!

3. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

hi
    yes u r right even it was new to me when i heard it the
    first time.but i am sure i heard it right that it should be done on mondays only

but i heard it on tv when the show almost came to an end. so i had a doubt whether the same coins should be used every week or different once and i also wanted to know the sankalpam procedure
    regards
    jaya

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Dasikajl

SAIRAM, since I too haven't heard about Mahalakshmi worship on Mondays, trying to gather information but can I understand if someone specifically told you to do this worship for some purpose, if yes why don't you get the procedure from them.

If you have just overheard, then I feel it must be for someone according to their stars and horoscope, then please do Goddess worship on Tuesday or Friday.

This is just my thoughts, SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  5. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiii me too not heard for doing puja for mahalxmi on mondays

6. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

sairam diddi

actually it is a devotional program the host gives remedies at the end of the program. so i heard it that day about this 7 mondays pooja..

thank you very much for replying. sairam

7. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

detailed procedure to do maha lakshmi with coin

8. geethashivkumar

geethashivkumar New IL'ite

reg reading of sai sat charitra,

can you please explain how to read sai satcharitra for seven days.
    what nivedhyam to be offered.

What is the rare slokas and I'dlike to know about it.

thanks

9. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

Hello geethashivkumar

It will be mentioned in the beginning of the book the procedure to complete the book within a week you can offer anything a nivedhyam like milk sweet candy fruit BABA will accept anything given with love

regarding the sloka i have no idea sorry please check the sloka index under the topic culture in our forum

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I don't know about monday but she is worshipped for wealth on thursday in many homes and to worship lakshmi thursday is said to be apt too. and i worship her as separate lakshmi on pournamis. other days i take sankalpam as her being part of my srichakram.- amma.

Not sure if you have heard but for wealth and financial problems, long back when i had a chance meeting with a vaishnavite uncle, he told me about this temple in arasarkoil near chengelpet for Kamala varadaraja perumal sametha sundara maha lakshmi where goddess is the aadi moola lakshmi and has blessed the akaya patra.

google for more details.

for the 108 coins, you can read the mahalakshmi ashtotrams. do the suddi to the coins every time you use them. the proper procedure is to first pray to the ganapathi (as in any pooja) and then lakshmi.

(I use 108 flowers for lakshmi and 300 flowers for sri maa tripurasundari..in silver, and i used to use 1 re coins earlier. you can keep it in your pooja or your safe after the pooja is done)

We usually do a dampatti/couples pooja when doing the satyanarayana pooja elaborately.

on other times, giving thamboolam to any neighbour/relative. if you can giving food to a couple is nice. i prefer feeding people who are real hungry.

3 people like this.