Grih Pravesh Pooja and Rituals...Please Help!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by tru1, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Sciaaticaa

Sciaaticaa New IL'ite

Re: gruhapravesam

Hi,

Thanks for replying, i have posted in this site to chitvesh , still now no reply . do you have any mail id of her or any telephone numbr.

thanks,
    aari

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi Aari,

1. In India, gruhapraveshams are done with a priest. They perform some 'homam' and hence I am not sure if the complete procedure can be done at UK without a priest. However, since you say it is difficult to get one, you can do a pooja - may be Ganesh pooja, vaastu pooja etc.(Sorry I can't help beyond this).

2. Dates are based on your star and your husband's. You can talk to people back home and check this.

You can go to profile and send a personal message to ChitVish

3. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Sorry I dont have any personal email id of chitraji..

I think u have the 50 post criteria and so u cannot PM..

Try posting in the spirituality forum ....where she is a active participant and would not miss u r query...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aari,

FYI, chithra mami is out of town, most probably by 2mrw she will be able to help you.

Normally Gruhapravesham is done on the star suitable to your's & dh's star. Ganahoma with vastu homa is done. In our part of the place, we have pooja on the eve of the gruhapravesham night. It is more like feeding all the ashta digpalaks.

Check with your family priest by asking your mom or inlaws.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aari,
    Sorry for this delayed reply - I was out of town.
    You have given a very narrow period.
    I am not an astrolger - i am just a housewife & whatever I write here is from that point of view. 26 th April & 30 th agter 9 AM, are reasonably good.
    If you cannot do any elaborate puja, just do a complete cleaning to drive away all negative energy & go ahead. Just keep a deity picture, light the lamp, chant shlokas, boil milk & offer naivedyam & arati.
    Calling people is purely social & not compulsory.
    Please remember what I write here is purely under your emergency circumstances - I am not generalising.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Priyanka0107

Priyanka0107 New IL'ite

Hi,

I need the complete puja steps, materials required ( things we should put on a puja thali etc) and slokas ( in English) for Griha Pravesh puja urgently. We are moving to a rental home.

We are brahmins and my husband will himself do the puja, but we have no information or material about it.All i know is the milk boiling ceremony, please help.
    I found the slokas but do not know which one(s) to use.
    I saw in an earlier reply about the 16 step puja from Chitra, but i could not locate it? Can anyone help me, it's very very urgent.

Thank you
    Priyanka