dasanga powder usage

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lgirish, Oct 27, 2013.

1. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I usually buy dhoop cones for pooja. For a change I got dasangam powder. There is a plastic cone inside the pack. I tried to take the powder in the cone and light it by giving a cone shape. But it is not burning like dhoop stick. Probably those who know how to use it can help me. I love the aroma which fills the entire pooja room.

2. malathi0874

malathi0874 Guest

hi friend,
    u have put dasanga in the cone and press it hard and if u put it in earthed items, it will easily come out, u can light it, and u get a good sense of aroma.
    and in the shops u can get ready made cone of dasangam, u can easily use it.
    i use both types.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

PAck the cone nice and tight with the powder..tap it and get a cone shape out of the cone. keep it in a dhoop burner. and light it..allow it to burn for a minute. so that it will keep burning and emiting fumes. i use this along with sandal perfumed frankinscence powder that i got from gulf.

4. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

packing it tight and lighting it till it starts giving thick fumes is the key.. its smells better than dhoop..

5. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

malathi, shanvy and shruti thanks for stepping in to offer suggestions. My problem is that I am not able to take out the cone shape while tapping. I try to shape it with fingers when the powder does not get shape of its own. Probably I will get it after a little bit of practice. HAPPY DIWALI to all.