Any specific pooja to be done for having children

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by hopeforgood, Apr 5, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I told u clearly that my intention is not to hurt u.I know every wife has respect for her hubby.Since u have mentioned that u have hurdles with u r hubby during the cycle i pointed out that to u.Nothing to hurt u.Sorry if u felt bad.

2. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ank,

Iam a new member, I can't PM u. Kindly send me the procedure for shati vradha and fengshui tips also.

Cheers,

Priya.

3. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Dear all,

can anybody help me that any special pooja r sloka for uniting couples.

Cheers,

priya

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  4. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear,

The donation can done only by our parents r can we donate.Nagaraja pooja can dony only at home?

Cheers,

Priya

5. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Dear Frds,

I heared thru the priest here that , it will be difficult to get a baby when the "Ragu and Kethu" are not in good positions in one's horoscope.
    So we should make them happy by doing Special Puja called "Naga Pooja" and we have to give the silver idol to the preist.This is wat they are doing here.

I really want to do this, but i cant make it up still now.
    Also making "Archanas" for Ragu & Kethu is helpful&powerful.

All the very best to everyone who are trying for baby.
    GOD will bless all of us soon.

Pls post the things which you .....

Thanks&Regards,
    suba

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear friend,

For domestic harmony, within couples or within the extended family, a powerful slokam is Durga Sapta Shloki. I was advised this by Sri Tripuradasan, the Sri Vidya Upasakar who is also a member in IL. He said that even if one member chants this small slokam (7 stanzas) once a day, the effects will be powerful. If on friday evening, the husband and wife (or whole family) can sit together with one person chanting this slokam and the other just listening, the harmonious relationship can be achieved soon. You need not observe any special rituals, just wash hands, feet, face, light the lamp and chant this slokam.

For conception, Santanagopala Homam is most beneficial. Sometimes, the priest will also give upadesham of the Santanagopala Mantram. Couples can chant it to conceive and be blessed with a healthy child. In yet other cases, the priest will consecrate bottles of SukumaraGrutham (Available in Kerala Ayurveda shops) with this mantram and give it to the couple. They have to eat this for a period of 4 to 6 months.

Something or the other in prayer will always work. Just keep heart and faith, keep trying and praying. All of us will be blessed with babies by the Grace of God.

regards
    Vidya

7. Ashritha2008

Ashritha2008 New IL'ite

Hi Hope for good,

sorry to bother you...but you had mentioned shati puja alone..what i would like to know is

1) when we should start ro do the puja
    2) how to do shasti puja

pls be kind enough to elaborate the same.

thanks very much in advance.

cheers

8. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Hey Ashritha

no botheration at all...

my friends mom gave me the procedure and am glad to share this with everyone..

She told me to start the shashti pooja on the shashti thithi which comes after the full moon day (pournami) and we have to continue doing this shashti pooja for 5 consecutive shashti thithis..(do pooja on every shashti thiti that comes after pournami for 5 shashtis)

on the day of pooja have head bath and light the lamp infront of lord subramanyeswara or muruga and read the slokas or any ashtottharam pooja..you can also read some slokas related to nagaraja..and offer prasad and aarathi...and during that day we have to fast can have fruits and milk but not rice...and we are not supposed to sleep on the bed...no other intimate actions with husband...

Perform Naga pooja
    The following mantras have to be chanted for 21 times on shashti thithi
    • Om Aaathishesha naagaayanamaha
    • Om Avantha nagaaya namaha
    • Om Vaasugiye Namaha
    • Om Thatcha naagaaya namaha
    • Om Kaarkodaka naagaaya namaha
    • Om Padma naagaaya namaha
    • Om Mahaa Padma Naagaaaya Namaha
    • Om Sanka naagaya namaha
    • Om Kuiga nagaaya namaha
    The idol of snake may be gifted with new clothes, betel leaves and other auspicious items to a Vedic Brahmin at the sixth consecutive Shahsti Thithi pooja will overcome all curses due to the Naga dosha or Kala Sarpa dosha.

This donation can be done by our parents or inlaws who are in India (incase if we are not able to donate the snake idol here out of India as i doubt if the priests here will accept the donation of a snake idol..) however we can donate clothes and betel leaves and haldi kum kum etc here and ask our parents to donate them along with snake idol in India again.. (this is how i am planning)

you can also recite the below mantra for 11 times during the pooja

Nava Naaga Stotra

Anantam Vasukim Sesha
    Padmanbhacha Kambalam
    Shankupalam Drutharastramch
    Takshanam Kaaliyam Thada
    Phala Sruthi

Etani nava navaami naganancha mahatmana
    Sayam patenityam prathakaale visheshita
    Tasya vishabhayam naasti sarvatra vijayaa bhaveth

Along with these you can also try to recite any slokas you know for lord narasimha swamy and also nataraja swamy..as they help to get rid of negative effect of rahu and ketu on any couples..

Today is skanda shashti and if possible you can do some small pooja today also...muruga or lord subramanyeswara is the giver of children and happy married life...have faith and i heard that whoever does this pooja will always get the desired results..as they say with faith you can move mountains...

good luck to all the girls who are planning to do this pooja...i pray to god that all our wishes to have a child will surely be heard by god and he will grant us our wish...

1 person likes this.
  9. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Priesh

This is my own personal experience...to unite couples and to get the harmony b/w couples we can do sundarakanda paraayanam it works wonders ...it did for me and am hoping it will do good to you also...it has great power....

If you can also try saisatcharithra paarayanam...just tell shirdi sai your problem and ask him help to fix the issues and do the 7 days paarayanam and am sure he will do good to all of us....

Just remembered few of the FENGSHUI tips i followed to have a harmonious surrounding..stand at the doorstep of your bedroom and see towards your right hand corner of your bedroom keep that place free of all clutter as this is the relationship area...put anything pink here....PINK or Silver color....pink flowers (fresh ones) or pink candles and a photoframe with a photo of you and your husband together..no separate pics it should be a single photo with both of you..(take the photo from the happy times you had...)...if possible try to place some crystals..either white or pink ones...

Even in the hall of your house look at that right hand corner of the room and put a bamboo plant (which has 2 shoots representing love and marriage) and keep it in that corner and water it everyday..(as we are not supposed to keep any plants or water in the bedroom I have kept it in the hall)...

if possible try to light candles once in a day or 2....let the house have the natural candle light for sometime..also try to put some nice aromatic incense or agarbatthi....light some once in 3 days...to get a soft serene peaceful place...we have to create all positive vibrations in the house....try to put some salt in the four corners of your bedroom on one morning and the next morning try to vaccum it away....(if its not possible to do this..you can put a bowl of water with some salt in it and put it in the bedroom on one evening and the next day morning pour that water in the sink and drain it off dont let it fall off any where in the house.....i heard salt has the power to take off any negativity in the house....

if you can get....try to buy the mandarin ducks and place them in the right hand corner of your bedroom...they have to face each other and be together always...do not keep them separate..always ensure that your bedroom gets enough sunlight and also try to put some light on these mandarin ducks..atleast once in a while..

These really worked for me..hope they work for you too...

Good luck

10. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

@ hopeforgood

I just saw this thread....my wishes are with you.....you will be soon blessed with a baby.....I saw that you speak telugu..even me...I am from AP.....do you take any special precautions while conceiving?....we have not yet started ....we will....and when is your wedding anniversary...even i have been married for 2.9 months....oh I am asking you so many....felt happy that you are also in the same phase....