Jyestha Devi Pooja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by coolpinky, Sep 13, 2013.

1. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Does any one know about the jyestha devi pooja that would be performed on the ashtami day after Ganesh Chaturthi
    I am interested to the importance and procedure on what to do on this festival.

2. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Dear Coolpinky

i have seen jyestha devi in my native place that priest has said me she is an sister of mahalakshmi and we should pray her on thursday and friday we should pray mahalakshmi .

If somebody is always sleeping not doing anything and lazy people will change after praying her
    this was told by that priest

FRIENDS if you know any other information or pooja plz share will be useful for everyone.

Basuradhu

3. srimathi44

srimathi44 New IL'ite

hello please any one take response and give me the detail about pooja or sloka for developing buisness because the buisness is in bad condition need somebody help urgently

4. gauthams

gauthams New IL'ite

first thing is its jyeshta...
    secondly there 2 types of jyeshta pooja o
    ne is called jyeshta amavasya or vata savitri vrat : its done on jyeshta month of kannada or telugu calendar or also called aashada month of kannada or telugu calendar mainly done for the well beings of their husband, safe return of husband and his health.
    second one is done on badrapada month its a 3 day process
    it ends on the ashtami or eigth day of krishnapaksha or shuklapaksha not sure yet.
    but it starts on 6th day or shashti thithi 6th day- avaahanam and staapanam, 7th day sapthami pooja day after sun set, 8th day or ashtami- visarjanam or devi in any water body.
    I have also heard that people take equal quantities or vermillion or kumkum and turmeric and make a mixture of both to a clay like consistency and give it a shape of a ball or cone and place it on a banana leaf on 6th day
    (please make sure turmeric n kumkum quantity is not more not less or have a difference of even 1 gm jyeshta devi wont leave a place easily, but Lakshmi leaves instatntly wen insulted or for any other reason, jyeshta is quite opposite to Lakshmi visarjan done in sea is considered best or the next alternate is river and so on, she finds a reason to stay back, o make sure everything is perfect and during visarjanam imagine a ragged lady with torn clothes , a huge stomach, huge ears and uncombed hair, taking away all your worries and putting that in a cloth bag and tying it and leaving you forever. dnt forget to keep concentrating on the picture of she leaving u, you seeing her back and smoke coming in opposite direction towards you but she moving opposite to the smoke- I think u got the picture)
    - lit lamps she is worshipped with naiveidhyam which is very sour like puliyodharai or puliyoggare or pulisaadham, all these 3 dishes sound same but have some difference based on who prepares and the location of where people belong .
    it shud b placed in aseparate banana leaf in huge quantity so much that it shud cover the entire banana leaf that's for the naiveidhyam. jyeshta devi is gluttonous n she loves sour and Lakshmi loves sweet. pray her to take away with her all the ashta daridryam or 8 maha daridryam and also the other 56 types of daridryam in total 64 while she is leaving you.
    it is said that if the last dat dats ashtami falls on Saturday then this is even better.
    to check if it has worked or not- u wil know when u return bak home from visarjanam, u may fight or quarrel or some kinda disturbing thoughts, it is also said that as soon as the visarjan is done u may see something very nice when u turn away from the visarjan spot something auspicious like a cow or pallakki or palanquin or sumangali or perfume smell or temple, another thing is don't look back mainly the person who has done this pooja.
    its important to observe fasting- what to eat not known but surely uncooked anyting on stove or sweet is strictly not accepted.
    all her pooja items and banana leaves can b given to a cow and puliyodharai as prasadham to all on ninth day the person who performed vratham can eat as usual whatsoever is prepared at home
    some tantrics also offer donkeys milk, sour fruits and black n grey clothes to the goddess
    no coconuts involved in pooja cocnut is shriphal shri means laxmi so its not for jyeshta, no cows milk or any dairy product of cow. some extreme jyeshta devi devotees dnt even take bath and keep reciting her mantras how much ever possible.

I suggest u try swapna varahi and swapna matangi too
    swapna varahi is the easiest one but 11 days
    swapna matangi is the toughest but it takes jus one day
    you can question the mother almighty about what to do to overcome your problems
    you can indeed ask anything but jus one question