Aadi puram and a prayer

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Shanvy, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Today is aadi pooram and in many temples and some homes, they do the valakappu for amman.

The story behind the valaikappu (bangles/baby shower) is that Parvati Devi, suddenly wanted to experience normal pregnancy the nine months and all that goes with it. (ganesha, karthikeyan and ayyappanall divinity.)

So She came down to earth along with shiva, enjoyed the kicks of the world in her womb and everything.

it is said that she was thirty and shiva had to go in search of water. while shiva went in search of water, parvathi devi thinks, i would like to stay in this state of being pregnant and safeguard the world, and transorms into the same. and that is the now putlur...(this is hear say though there are other stories that are told too.)

r the pregnant and the ones who wish to be pregnant pray to ambal today and also wear the bangles that are offered.

I have done the pooja, offered bangles to my ambal, and will be distributing the same in the evening. going to offer in the temple too.

I have prayed and pray for all those who wish to enjoy the 9 months of pregnancy. May god shower all her blessings on those who are on TTC.

P.S this year, i pray for all but especially for two friends in IL who never ask or talk about TTC,but i know they are on TTC for quite a few years. hope devi showers them with her blessings.

Ya devi sarva bhooteshu,
    maatru roopena samsthita
    namasthasmai namasthasmai
    namo namaha.

Picture 3642.jpg Picture 3645.jpg Picture 3648.jpg Picture 3639.jpg

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Wow Shanthi dear glad that I am the first to take the blessings of Devi. May Devi bless you and your family with health and happiness always. No words to convey my feelings about your pooja. I am blessed to get the Manjal Kumkum with thambulam, blouse piece,bangles, which I love so much on a Friday from a Sumangali. Wish you Deerga Ayusu with good health. Also Padinarum pethu peru vazhvu vaazhga

Thanks for the message on Aadi pooram. Pray for me too to become a grandmother of my son an dil's child for which I am waiting anxiously . You are a good soul and your prayers will be answered definitely. Sitting at home I got Devi Darshan I am blessed. You have made my day with your pooja and feel blessed to have got the first darshan. This is an indication I think Devi will surely fulfill my wishes

4 people like this.
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy mam for the Darshan, The bangle garland is really very nice. Even we will be giving bangles in the temple in the evening. May god bless you and your family with all the happiness

1 person likes this.
  4. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

dear shanvy sister,

thanks for sharing...what a divine darshan..due to some reasons i couldnt go to temple today.but i got devi's darshan from ur post....May devi durga bless everone especially all ttc sisters to hold little one soon.

1 person likes this.
  5. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for dharshan and feeling so blessed. Thanks Shanvy sister for the same .

Shanvy likes this.
  6. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear sister shanvy,

Feeling blessed to get ambal's blessings.. Thanks for the thamboolam too ... If you know the temple at rajakilpakkam, the skandha ashram, there the bhuvaneswari Amman, durgai Amman , Anna poorni are well decorated with bangles today. I remember in the year 2009, I visited the temple, next day of adi poor am. Me and dad went early in the morning. I still could remember the glowing deities right before me. Since we were very early, the pujari did aarathi and gave me four red glass bangles. It was a sign of positive, since my parents were searching groom for me. People told if we get Amman bangle, marriage will happen soon. I got fixed with my DH the same December 2009 and incidentally me and DH met in the same skandha ashram temple where he spoke to me and was happy to get me as his life partner, so aadi poor am is a very very memorable festival for me.

7. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Shanvy mam for the thamboolam and the pooja pictures you have shared with us. Are you from Chennai, if so, where are you located. Really a great bangle garland. Very nice. Thank yu for the thamboolam with manjal, kungumam, bangles and blouse bit. I like to take thamboolam every friday from someone. This week I have taken the virtual thamboolam from you. Let the Ambal give you a good health and wealth.

1 person likes this.
  8. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mathiravi,

Good to know that Aadipooram is a memorable day for you. It is true that if we get the bangles from Ambal, we are blessed. Once, I have visited Skandashram, the dieties there are very big and the dieties are like a person standing in front of us and talking. Great temple.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome viji aunty. thanks for those blessings.

definitely your wishes will be answered. i hope and pray for the same.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vsharma, just back from offering bangles in a temple. I wanted to put more bangles, then i have to find people to give all those bangles later. i kept the number small.

there are some temples which conduct this bangle ceremony in the morning while some in the evening. thanks and wish you the same.