Sri Guru Charitra Parayan

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by kiranmai531, Jun 19, 2013.

1. kiranmai531

kiranmai531 New IL'ite

Dear saras!
    I am planning to read the guru Charitra parayan in house (i.e,., pooja room)
    on July 4th 2013 - July 18th 2013.Can i start on that day.
    What we have to offer the god after reading the Charitra.
    I would like to sponsor annadanam on last day,
    so i want to know what kind of bhajan & aarthi we have to chant on that day..
    please advise me instructions to complete and success my parayan.

Please give me the information regarding this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome to IL family Kiranmai 531 Sister,

Glad Guru has given you the thought to do PARAYAN of Sri Guru Charitra,

Well :) may be you are aware (but for the benefit for those who read the thread)

SRI GURUCHARITRA is the life story of 'Shri Guru Dattatreya' (Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh Incarnate). The holy book was originally written in Oviform (Marathi verse) in Marathi by Shri. Saraswati Gangadhar, whose ancestor Sayamdeo had personally lived and served with devotion, Shri Guru Narasinha Saraswati, about 500 years ago.

The original volume contains 52 chapters and it goes as the conversation between Naaamdharak and his spiritual Guru Shri Siddha Muni. Several miraculous deeds are associated with these two Gurus - 5 such deeds are relating to Shripad Shri Vallabh (chapters 5 to 10) and 26 are relating to Shri Narasinha Saraswati, (chapters 11 to 51) besides many mythological tales have also been narrated and its nectar is a treat to the readers and one must be BLESSED to get an opportunity to do PARAYAN of the Holy book.

Unlike Sai Satcharitra, some stipulations are to be followed:

The saptah chapters are as follows: (preferably start on Thursdays')

DAY 1 - Chapter 01 - Chapter 07

DAY 2 - Chapter 08 - Chapter 18

DAY 3 - Chapter 19 - Chapter 28

DAY 4 - Chapter 29 - Chapter 34

DAY 5 - Chapter 35 - Chapter 37

DAY 6 - Chapter 38 - Chapter 43

DAY 7 - Chapter 44 - Chapter 52

1. Reading should be done in a secluded place preferably POOJA ROOM after Bath in the morning, if it is in the evening then it is better to have bath before commencing the Parayan.

2. Light food and non luxurious sleeping pattern can be followed. Vegetarian diet should prevail at home, No talking or getting up in between the Parayan Pooja.

3. Offers Fruits/ Sweet Neivedya (at least POLI on one of the days), Regular rituals of flowers, agarbathis, lamps, need to be followed as usual.

4. Prayers before and after Parayan, our guru being Sayee, we play Sai aarthi and complete the reading.

5. Chanting "DIGAMBARA DIGAMBARA SREE PADA VALLABHA DIGAMBARA" as many times as possible.

6. Offer Dakshina and Annadan to at least one couple or male on the Eighth day or many more as you deem it affordable.

7. Offer Sweet Prasad on the 7th or 8th day ( self/home made ) and distribute amongst neighbourhood or at temple/friends/Relatives.

May Baba bless you and guide you to complete the PARAYAN with utmost devotion and dedication, May your wishes be fulfilled too, get closer bonding with the Guru Parampara. Sairam

@ Saras Sister : - Please add if have missed out anything...

NOTE: July 21st is GURUPOORNIMA, if you are comfortable completing SAPTAH on 21st July as it is considered auspicious, our schedule is usually like that as we read it on Saptah ending on Gurupoornima, (as we are closer to it)

3. kiranmai531

kiranmai531 New IL'ite

Thank you for your valuable information..!

4. Saisakthi

Sairam, :welcome

Please share your Parayan experience when you complete, Thanks.

5. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Saisakthi sister for giving detailed instructions on the parayan of Guru Charitra. Always it is a very interesting thing to read your messages and your advice. Thanks to your work.

1 person likes this.
  6. shreek1

shreek1 New IL'ite

hi i want do guru charita parayan. pls tell me the details.Since many years i am tryng for pg seat, can this parayan help me in getting that.

7. Jayashribalaji

Jayashribalaji Junior IL'ite

Dear SaiShakthi Mam,

I had started Shri Siddha managala Sthothram parayan from last Thursday and started reading Shri Guru Charitra along with it. But as mentioned for the chapter counts, is it mandatory to complete certain chapters in certain days or it is flexible to complete all the chapters within 7 days. Iam a working person and having a school going kid, so at times it is difficult to complete the required chapters in that day alone. Kindly advise.

1 person likes this.
  8. Saisakthi

Sister JayashriBalaji,

SAIRAM, :welcome to IL family and Sayee's fold.

Glad that you have started Siddhamanagala Stotra, that one mantra should have been enough to seek your prayer due to your time constraint, I am of the opinion doing one thing at a time perfectly is better than too many at a time (especially when you don't have quality time to spend)

As far as Saisatcharitra Parayan goes then it is fine doing the Parayan of the complete holy book in a Saptah.

With regard to Guru Charitra Parayan Chapters are stipulated for each day, it is better to follow them.

But considering you time, you can always read them comfortably rather than making it dutiful by just rushing through the chapters for the sake of completing.

So my suggestion is take you time and read only what you can devotedly, Guru Datta can always understand the dedication and devotion we possess.

May Baba and Guru Sayee guide you, help you to complete the Parayan reading at ease and fulfill your wishes too

SAIRAM, Please do share your experiences, Keep coming and enjoy being here.

9. Saisakthi

Sister MuthuRaji

SAIRAM, Your messages one after the other is really motivating, sometimes I would wonder if there is NO LIKE or reply from you for a particular post, SAIRAM

:thankyou2:

But many times sisters who drop in a thread, don't come back to share their experience, I wish they did.

@kiranmayee531 - Hope your parayan went off well and accepted by Guru Datta,

May Baba guide us always. SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  10. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you sister. I think your posts as motivating and read wherever you post. Try to cover up your posts. Your words are taken as SAI words by me and that's what is motivating me to read your posts.

1 person likes this.