Valmiki Sundara Kandam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vidya24, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Valmiki Sundara Kaandam in One Sloka !

Hi IndusLadies,

This is one more slokam that is equivalent to "Sundara Kaandam", Sharing this for you ! This Sloka can be chanted both during morning and evening.

I have translated it to my level best !

"Yasya Shree Hanumaan anugraha palaath theernaamphudir leelayaa
    lankaram praapya nisaamya raamadhayithaam bhangthvaavanam raakshasaan
    akshaateen vinihatya veekshya tasakam thakthvaapurim thaampuna ha
    dheeranaapti kapi piryutho yama nammatham thaama chandram bhaje"

Love,
    Preethi

geevee68 likes this.
  2. lalit06

lalit06 New IL'ite

Vidya,
    Finding your postings has been wonderful. I was searching online high and low for this. Eventually I registered in this website.

It is a wonderful deed and you have shown light to me. I appreciate your effort.

Please do post any other gems that you may come across.

I am extremely grateful and my heart felt appreciations to you.

Thanks,
    Lalita

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

HELLO VIDHYA,
    thanx for posting. before marriage i read 2 times sundarakandam,after having bath,i'll do pooja for the book then i read it for 1 hr & daily naivathiyam to swami anjaneyar & in the final day i prepared pepper vadai,payasam,curd rice. now really i am very happy with my hubby.
    my sister also read the sundarakandam to get married,while in her last day of pooja suddenly a monkey came in to our house & took the vada,really v all r surprised :-D & my sister felt happy & said that swami hanuman itself came to our house to have her naivedhiyam. really there is some powerful god is there..........
    i just want to share this things to all.
    bye,
    vivbass.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
    geevee68 and geetasami like this.
  4. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi VIDYA24,
    i'm mew to Il. but when i see this sundarakandam slogas , i feel very much delighted . i've experienced the powers of parayanam of srimath sundara kandam. this slokas are very easy to tell ...and pray.
    hats off to u
    regards
    harini

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

hi Vidya,

I just happened to see ur post on slokas from VSK. I am glad that I found it atleast now. Better late than never. I am going thru some tough times now and I really am delighted to see these slokas. I will try to chant these slokas everyday. Is there a a speicific way to say these slokas, how many times do we have to say these slokas.

thanks a lot,
    Jothi.

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear vidya

thanks for posting sundara kandam. I read it bfr marriage and i didnt bring the book with me, i was wondering how to get it, thanks for posting it esp with the meaning.

Nice work

san

7. Jaysree

Jaysree IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhya,

Great work. I wonder how do I get this Shlok. Please let me know I am very much intrested in to get this shlok.

Thanks.

Jayshree.

8. lakshmirules

lakshmirules New IL'ite

<TD width="170" valign="top" height="38" colspan="3">Pls visit this site for all the nine navartna mantra of sunadrakandam
    http://www.divyadesamonline.com/hanuman/navaratna-mantra-maala

but if the people have time it is better to recite the entire sundarakandam starting frm 1-7 sargas each day
    Sundara Kandam is the fifth section of Ramayana (the story of Lord Rama) written by Sage Valmiki and comprises of 2885 verses spread in 68 chapters. “Sundara” as we all know in the literary sense means 'beautiful' and 'Kandam' means 'section'. The sage has called this section a “beautiful section” of Ramayana as hanuman describes
    "Rama the great his beauty ,his charm ,his unique charecters to sita devi "
    This part of Ramayana contains poetic descriptions of several beautiful objects, places and people. Whether the poet describes, Sri Lanka, Pushpaka Vimana, The Asoka forest, The Madhu Vana, Hanuman, Sita, Rama, Ravana, or the moonrise, he goes in to poetic rapture.

Beauty is truth ,truth beauty!!!!
    Sundara Kandam is a mine where we can draw powers to support us in worldly situations. This is the core of Ramayana and provides all values for overall welfare of mankind.

let the lord sriah patih grace one and all !!!

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

Welcome to IL! And thanks for starting your posts with such a good one. I found the info on starting SK paraynam useful.

Pls note that the nine gems have already been presented in this thread from the site you have mentioned. The site has also been acknowledged.

regards
    Vidya

10. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi vidya

first of all thanks for posting this version of Sundar Kaand... i used to read sundar kaand in india, but unfortunately i forgot to get that particular book with me to US... but now i have downloaded a Hindi song version of Sunder kand wich i listen to and try to sing along on Tuesdays and Saturdays.. as these are special days of Hunuman Ji...

Can u please let me know what is the right way to say these 9 Shlokas u have posted... i wud be really thankful... as it is better to do things the right way...

Thanks & regards
    ~Abha