Worship at temple on Mondays

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chev23, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Chev23

Chev23 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I am new to posting but I have read this forum for advice in the past - thanks.
    I am planning to visit temple with lingam and other murtis also present on Mondays.
    I am unfamiliar with Shiv worship so please share your thoughts on if I have the correct procedure.

My understanding is I first offer aarti and flowers to Ganesha then aarti and flowers to Parvati before abhishek of shivling.
    For abhishek of shivling I offer milk first, then bathe shivling with water, then I can offer bilva leaves while chanting the panchakshara mantra for 108 times.

Is this sufficient worship for Shiva on Mondays? Please let me know if I am missing anything.
    Thanks!

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome to IL family Chev23 Sister,

Glad you liked being here in the past even before becoming a member, Hope you enjoy being here.

From what you have written, I guess you can directly worship in the temples, so first you pray to Lord Ganesha to remove all obstacles and help you to surpass hurdles ( if any) offer flowers and the aarthi.

First abhishek is with water then milk then again water, offer flowers, bilva, ashtotra (panchakshara mantra) aarthi.

Then to Goddess flower, and pray, This is how I have followed as I am taught the most important thing is dedication and devotion, which God/Guru accepts.

So Wholeheartedly anything is done is accepted by God/guru, May Baba and Lord Shiva Bless you in abundance and fulfill your wishes too.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chev23

Chev23 New IL'ite

Thank you for your feedback :)

1 person likes this.