Sai Aarati meaning and benefits

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Annapurna3, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Annapurna3

Annapurna3 New IL'ite

Dear Sisters,

Can any one of you explain the reason and significance of having different aratis to Sai Baba. Its a very delightful experience to listen to the aratis..

Can I play it in home or should be done only in temple? Please share any documents or link with the english or tamil meaning of the arati's.

Om Sri Sai Ram.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to IL family and to the fold of Sayee, dear Annapurna Sister,

First part of your post, needs an elaborate reply, so probabaly if you can wait I can reply you in the weekend, May be someone else could also reply if they know... It is the personal experiences which I have to share and it has to be really typed with devotion...

:yes: Baba lives with you in your home and he would be happy to listen to it when you sing or play it at home and bless you too, Temples also play all the Four Aarthis which was prepared and sung during Baba's days itself, Here is the Link of the article which I had recently posted when we completed 102 years of starting SHEJ (NIGHT) AARTHI: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...200546-babss-night-aarthi-commences-10th.html

Sharing here the link with English Meanings and the Text of the Aarthis:
    MeaningsofShirdiSaiAarthi

My humble request as a Sai's child is; please learn and sing Marathi Aarthi which was penned during Baba's days, rather than the current scenario translations of aarthi into other languages, Maarthi Aarthi may sound difficult but the devotion to sing and learn will make you understand its real harmony, Thanks

May Baba guide you and be with you always, Om sairam, Best wishes :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Annapurna3

Annapurna3 New IL'ite

Dear Saisakthi sister,

First of all my thanks for your reply.. I was telling my family yesterday that you will definitely reply and you did !!:)

I will surely learn the marathi version of the arati. I love to listen all the aratis and it brings tears in my eyes everytime I listen.

Eagerly waiting for your reply to understand the significance of aarati's. :)

Om Sri Sai Ram. God bless us all with good health and a peaceful life.

Regards,
    Annapurna

1 person likes this.
  4. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

I am also waiting!! :)