need Rukmini kalyanam book

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by neha1246, Dec 18, 2012.

1. neha1246

neha1246 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I need Rukmini kalyanam book in English or Hindi.
    I tried searching a lot in internet and in many book shops,but failed to get in English.

Can someone help me in getting the book in either English or Hindi.Please post me the URL or tell me the place where i can get it. I tried looking into the forums here but i do not see the URL working.
    I need it urgently.

I was said Rukmini kalyanam slokas are available in Bhagavatam but i see that only some slokas are covered in it , not all.

Thanks In Advance

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neha Sister,

Welcome to IL family,

Here is the link for the download of Rukmini Kalyanam in English, hope this helps:

"Rukmini kalyanam. With an English introd. by P.P.S. Sastry" by Rajacudamani Diksita, son of rinivasa, of Satyamangalam pdf, epub, fb2 Free Download. The book is added by Lucinda-June Chapman (New York) Read online books at OnRead.com.

Keep coming, Happy Reading... Best wishes...

1 person likes this.
  3. srisaikripa

srisaikripa New IL'ite

Hi Neha,

I am reading the telugu translation of rukmini kalyana. Did you read the actual slokas in sanskrit?

4. Deepalaxmimadan

Deepalaxmimadan Senior IL'ite

hi neha
    The Rukminikalyana is a Kavya in ten sargas, dealing with the well-known Pauranik story, of the marriage of Rukmini and Sri Krishna.

The ten sargas deal respectively with the description of the city Dwaraka, the love in separation of Sri Krishna, the arrival at Kundinapura of Sri Krishna on hearing the mental anguish of Rukmini, the carrying off of Rukmini to Dvaravati, the entry of Sri Krishna and Rukmini into Dvaravati, the marriage of Rukmini with SriKrishna, the description of the summer-season, the description of the rainy season, the description of the Sarad.season and the descriptions of the Hemanta and Sisira seasons.

In respect of descriptive detail, fullness of imagery and delineation of situations and characterisation of individuals, this poem compares quite favourably with those of Kalidasa and other Nature poets.
    for u I m attaching the pdf of Rukmini Kalyanam in Hindi.

Attached Files:

5. srisaikripa

srisaikripa New IL'ite

Hi Deepalaxmimadan,

Thanks for attaching the pdf. Can you please
    tell me if there is a particular number of days I need to recite. I am worried because nothing is working out.

6. Deepalaxmimadan

Deepalaxmimadan Senior IL'ite

hi SriSaikripa
    The actual procedure is u need to study all of the Rukmini Kalyanam slokas/padyas completely, (if possible with Prose translation and other simple puja like dhoop, deep and naivedyam to Goddess Sri Lakshmi) daily for 40 days. It may hardly take around one hour.
    Regarding Day u bettr chk it in Calender wch is the good day but Chaturthi is considered to be the good & best day to performed/ start new things/tasks. don't start on ammavashaya its not a good day.

Don't worry have faith in Good. Everything will go well.
    God bless u Dear.

7. srisaikripa

srisaikripa New IL'ite

Thanks for replying Deepalaxmimadan :)

8. Saimya

Saimya Senior IL'ite

Just to clarify do I perform the Rukmini kalyanam vrat for 21 days or 40 days? Also do I read only the Rukmini Sandesh ( letter to Sri Krishna) or the stories in Rukmini kalyanam? I am fluent in English and Tamil, living overseas outside India and it's hard to find the Rukmini kalyanam book. I would really appreciate if someone can kindly advise me many thanks!!

9. SivaprasadReddy

SivaprasadReddy New IL'ite

Hi srisaikripa could you please send me the book that you mentioned(telugu) above as my sis needed it, so please send me the link or details of the book ASAP