A Sincere Request!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by itsmebhagi, Dec 14, 2012.

1. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Yesterday I visited Baba temple, Mylapore at 6pm and the temple was jam packed, as it was a Thursday... I am happy that the population is increasing day by day...which shows the Trust and Faith people have got in Him... I owe a big thanks to the people doing service in the temple on Thursdays, as they already have so much patience in them...they are able to do a very good job! Great:hatsoff

I want to share something which I do not like and that I have been observing always.. I see people coming there just to eat the prasadham, not knowing its value at all... I am not able to tolerate this and my blood boils when I see such a crowd... I keep quiet just because its a temple and I should not create a problem.. but sometimes I am not able to really digest... I see people treating such a nice temple like a restaurant coming and sitting in groups in the areas restricted, inspite of repeated warnings people cooly sit there, eat and spill food all over... :eek:mg:

Baba is doing such a great service right from the days He lived, by serving the poor and the needy.. And still He is doing it and that's how the food is available in the temple, at any odd hour of the day we drop in.. Even if people cant appreciate the good deeds the temple does, please do not exploit it! This is the request and I want you all to please pass on if you happen to face a similar thing in temple (any temple for that matter)!

Yesterday I saw a person distributing Kesari and I guess it can be the 9th week of Vrat! With such a good intention the person gave it neatly in different disposable cups, just the way they distribute the Prasadham! But no one took time to think all this, but I found them just running to receive, not knowing what it is, or who is distributing, but very eager to eat it! I am running out of words to say anything on seeing this... I have also seen people so curious to know what Prasadham is being given and they show faces depending on whether they like it or not.. I have never seen people longing to see Baba but they fall on the other end to receive food! Really shocking! :bang

Also the beggars in front of the temple are really pathetic..they eat all 3 times in temple and they are not content that Baba is giving them food everyday to beat their hunger! No genuinity! They eat and rush to their places outside and demand money from everyone walking in this small, yet crowded roads... Even if I give 10rs, they demand give one more of such note... Ahh... I stopped giving after that! Whats all this??!!:spin

I do not know whether only I am unable to bear all this, or many are there like me... I wish I do not visit the temple on peak timings just to avoid such a crowd... :hide:

Please dear ILites pass on the message and also you have in mind when you visit temples! Please lets try to do something regarding this! I do not know what, how or when, but please suggest what can be done! :idea

Thanks for your patience in reading a long thread... I am feeling relieved after writing (pouring my anger) everything here!! I am sure many have faced similar experiences... please come up with suggestions... Let us not IGNORE this! Indeed this is again a service that we are doing to God!

4 people like this.

2. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Bhagi, I can understand your anger.. but this is the society we live in...these people will never and ever change.. Thinking all these things, i am bit hesistant to go to Mylapore bab temple and i think i can see MY BABA whenever I want if just close eyes and think of him.. You know there is a baba temple in Gowrivakkam near Tambaram. I frequenlty visit there. I love to go there.. Please visit this temple whenever you get a chance..

1 person likes this.
  3. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

They are indeed distrubing... We go to temple to have peace of mind right??? When you donate 10rs note to a beggar and you get a cold stare and more demand in return instead of pleasing smile and thank you.

don you get disturbed...

4. itsmebhagi

I am very much disturbed because of which I am writing it here, I guess its very much evident too!
    Ofcourse I am not getting into trouble of my own, but unable to tolerate when people push us and run behind food... If we keep ignoring everything, things will never change...

P.S: Usage of words really matters! I wish you really use polite words instead of 'mind your business'

3 people like this.
  5. itsmebhagi

Well-said!
    I came to such a decision that we should not visit temple in peak crowded days or timings!!
    Can you please provide this address of Gowrivakkam? I will definitely pay a visit...
    I do visit the Baba temple at sholinganallur...its equally calm and nice :)

6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Bhagi, i know you may also know this that even a well settled person can go hurrily to get the prasadams, it is not that he has so much money that matters there, it is the food (yummy) that drags him much!

It is not only in Mylapore Baba temple, even in our local temples (which has less crowd) the same situation happens. Some people, i have seen does not wait for the aarathi to finish. They form a queue and stand at first to get the prasadam. Some people have even bring a dabba for this. some regularly knows the timing and come for the raghu kala pooja, pradhosham etc for the correct time!

But you will give me a shock look when i say this - "Nothing wrong in getting prasadams in temple. For that only the temple is also giving those. But when we form a queue, and not pushing others, not stamping others is the main thing there. For that people should behave themselves good (even though in some temple they keep volunteers).

In our country we have the habit of creating crowds rather than a queue system. Now i can see some changes too in so many places, some people initiates to form a queue by voulunteering themselves, that is the nice motive. Likewise people are changing nowadays. In my nearby temple, a group of senior citizens have formed a circle and chat about the pensions, government etc in the temple hall (which is meant for any katcheri's, upanyasams and meditation). Then someone has posted a written complaint (i know who he is) to the temple management regarding this, from the very next day they kept a music system with some sahasranamams and slokas in a high volume. Nobody is willing to speak louder than the music systems. so they went atlast with the great disappointment :-( Likewise, it is there in all the temples.

So when people are not behaving good by themselves, then the temple is under pressure to impose some strict rules and procedures which is not good for people, as they are losing their self respect and values.

So please do not lose your temper as there is no end for these kind of attitudes from some people. better you vounteer yourself at that time when you see something. Or else write a written compalint to the temple management and wait for their any steps for change. That is all we can do dear!

PS: I am NOT supporting any followers or like that, but i still astonished when i see puttaparthi baba's samithi members ie the volunteers. Even if it is a huge crowd they manage beautifully. Once Baba was in his chennai's trip (may be 10 years back) there was a huge crowd (devotees) from all parts of chennai. They arranged for a darshan near raja annamalai puram (in a big ground), there was a clean and good arrangement made by the chennai samithis. It was good. And the same thing happened when Sri Sringeri Acharya came to chennai, Sudharma...it was neatly arranged and they was no hurryburry. So it all depends on the people mentality and attitude, nothing stops us from changing, actually!!

3 people like this.
  7. itsmebhagi

I exactly meant this...
    We get more disturbed with all this and when things trouble us more, we lose the peace of mind...
    Literally people push and run, not knowing Ethics! I don't understand whats the need to run inside a temple..
    some beggars touch our hands, and I am feeling so scared and bad too...!

8. itsmebhagi

Very well said!!
    Thanks so much for your prompt and detailed reply!
    Thanks for your time too :)
    I agree that prasadham is for us to eat, but a well-behaved way is important... forming a queue before aarthi could finish, is something very bad.. this shows whats more important for people! that's sad!

I am interested in volunteering too! If anyone knows how to join as a volunteer in Baba temple please guide me... As and when I get time, I will definitely go and do this job...

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhagi,

have you visited nanganallur anjaneyar temple. the prasadh is given by the temple, though there is queue and there is abundance of the prasadh, i know people who come in for 2/3 helpings, and some stay just to get the prasadh of their choice. you look at it differently while they look at it as prasadh and some more.. so i am not going to comment on the prasadh and the gathering..in a society were people flock temples in the mood of what will cure their ailment (be it anything physical emotional,) they want to take part in the prasad.. agree there can be a better way.

so if i am not agreeing to what you say what am i talking.

the neatness. there is a place to throw the empty dhonnai (cups made of leaf) , but My god, nobody likes to throw it into the dustbin..the whole path leading to the temple is scatterred with half eaten cups and some spilled and stamped.. and then the drinking water tap, is used to floss their mouth while the hand wash basin is full with wastage..seriously you prettywell know if you can have full or half of what is being given as prasadh, you have the choice to tell the person handing it to give less. but no, we think it is wrong to say no to prasadh, bring it out and dump it everywhere.. skewed thinking..

As long as we are having freebies, people who beg will never learn. they think it is their right to beg.

the society needs to change, again for the same,let us start from self and family.

there is no point in getting angry..to each his own.

i have come to the point of praying at home with peace of mind rather than visiting temples on special days and spoiling my serenity.

6 people like this.
  10. itsmebhagi

Always try to change the things which are in your control --> is quite true and I agree with this... But pushing in queue both in front of Murthy and Prasadham counter is not good... not only mentally, physically also they disturb and hence I am trying to make you understand...

Mind your business is a polite word? hearing this for the first time from you... I dont have the habit of hurting people, even if they did that to me... So I dont wish to drag the conversation with you...
    Also requesting you to kindly ignore the posts where in you cannot provide some solution that is needed!
    Thanks!

1 person likes this.