Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Lord Subrahmanya Shlokams ( Sanskrit in English & tamil fonts) &Murugan 108 potri

Dear Vidya,

Thanks for the link.

I have downloaded the Subramanya Bhujangam which I have been planning to learn for quite some time.

Thanks once again.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Re: Lord Subrahmanya Shlokams ( Sanskrit in English & tamil fonts) &Murugan 108 potri

Dear Vidhya

Many thanks for the link. It is a real treasure trove. I was able to download and listen to Subrahmanya Bujangam on a tuesday. However, I find some pronounciation differences in the rendering. So, am still in the lookout for an authentic audio version of the slokam.

I also found the 'Nadavindu Kaladi namo nama' mp3 there in the same site, which was very good.

Many thanks Chithra for your kind words. Skandan is a very nice name too and a very special name of Murugan.

Regards
    Gayathri.

4. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Re: Lord Subrahmanya Shlokams ( Sanskrit in English & tamil fonts) &Murugan 108 potri

Dear Chithra madam & Vidya,

Thanks for responding . But 'Nadha vindhu kalaathi....' I've been singing / chanting regularly as ' Subramanya Sthothram' ; so sadly that's not it ! I've heard the song esp. in Marudamalai temple, and no rhyming words like 'namo namo' etc. ; only ordinary words like 'vandhen', 'arulvai', ' un karunai' will be there -- maybe it's part of a bigger work like 'Thiruppugazh' !

For anyone interested, this is the link for the Subramanya Bhujangam in English, with meaning :

Sri Subrahmanya Bhujangam in English - Sri Aadi Sankarar's Poem on Lord Murugan

With thanks,
    Dew.

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitvish,

I came into this forum this morning wanting to learn a new shlokam to recite this Friday. I landed in this thread "Aarumugan" being my favorite God. I am going to read the 108 potris today. Oh...my, the pictures of the Lord were feast to the eyes. I had a feeling of visiting the "Arupadai Veedu".

Thank you for all the good work, Chithra.

Malathy

6. Chitvish

Dear Malathy,
    Nice to receive your F b.
    Aarumugan seems to have a lot of devotees in I L !
    I had all 6 Arupadai murugans in the same picture. There was no way, I could scan. So, cut them into individual pictures to scan !
    Thiruparamkundram, being in the outskirts of Madurai, I am a Murugan devotee as well !
    Nothing like reading tamil potris for any deity - the pleasure is immeasurable because we understand what we are chanting !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. varasangam

varasangam New IL'ite

Re: Ganesha Ashtotharam (Sanskrit in English & Tamil Fonts) & Vinayakar 108 potris .

Hi Mrs Chitra,

Thanks a lot for the Ganesh Shlokas, I was looking something like this specially for Lord Ganesh to pray on Fridays. Many thanks again, as I cannot read tamil, is the pdf file in tamil the same as the one in English, please advice.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Vara

8. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitvish,
    When i just browse through the slokams,I feel happy and fulfilled and a sense of relief.Thank you very very much chitvish.

Kindly clear my queries.

1)Are the subramanya slokas ,the photos of the deities(Lord Subramanya) ?
    2)Lord subramanya -varoius places-Are they belong to one and one

With Lots of Thanks
    BhargaviChakravarthy

9. Chitvish

Dear Bhargavi Chakravarthi,
    Thankyou very much for the feed back.
    Subrahmanya is Murugan - they are one & the same. All the photos are from the Arupadai Veedu - 6 famous temples of Murugan.
    I am glad, you like them.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Re: Ganesha Ashtotharam (Sanskrit in English & Tamil Fonts) & Vinayakar 108 potris .

Dear Vara,
    Thanks for your F B.
    Yes, the pdf in tamil is the same as in english. But the potris are given only in tamil.
    Love,
    Chithra.