Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Ramyakaushik

Ramyakaushik New IL'ite

Hai Friends ,

Let me thank Shravanthika, Swathi, Vidyalakshmi, Nischel . If the table is not clear I will post it gain if you need and for swathi your slokams are

Stavya Stavapriya Stothram
    Stuta Stota rana Priyaha
    Purna purnayita Punya
    Punyakriti Rana Manaha

Manojavo stithakaro
    Vasuretha vasupradaha
    vasuprada vasudevo
    vasurvasumana havihi

sadgati satkriti satta:
    sadbuti satparayanaha
    sureseno yadusreshta
    sannivasa suyamunaha

Bhuta vasa: vasudevo
    sarvasu nilayo nalaha
    darpaha darpado dripto
    durdhara daparajithaha.

Anydoubts please ask.

Ramyakaushik

[/quote]

2. Ramyakaushik

Ramyakaushik New IL'ite

Hello Friends :

USEFUL INFORMATION FOR COUPLES, PEOPLE LOOKING FOR BRIDE/BRIDEGROOM.

I wanted to share this wonderful article which is very informative for we ladies .We all know abt Panguni uthram and it is considered to be an auspicious occasion. There is one more significance with this . A special vratham is performed on that day called "KALYANA VRATHAM".

kalyANa vratam is one of the eight auspicious vratas. When the Sun is shining in the Pisces sign(mIna rAsi) that is in the month of paN^guni (mid of March to mid of April) on the uththara naxaththiram on the Moons growing face (shukla paxam), this vratam is observed. This is the day Shakthi married Lord Shiva after a great austerity in the Himaalayas, as the daughter of Himavaan. It is also observed as the auspicious day when Lord Muruga married devaseenaa. This vratam is explained in the skandha purANam.
    In the morning after getting up, the observer of the vratam should meditate on the charming Lord shiva in the wedding posture with umA. After taking bath and through with other required deeds, should worship the Lord. The golden idol of the God and Goddess ( who can afford to) should be anointed devotionally with holy substances. Then decorating them should make the wedding ceremony of the Goddess with the God. Making the nice and sweet offerings to the divine Parents, should salute them. Inviting the spiritual people who think of good to all the creatures, who have learnt the vEdas and who are devotees of Lord shiva, along with their wives, should host them a feast. Later should go to the shiva temple, worship, circumambulate three times and prostrate in front of the Lord. In the night should dine along with the kind hearted devotees of Lord shiva and eat the sweet dishes like fruits and pAyasam. Should sleep on the dharbai grass. The next morning after regular deeds, should donate the golden idol of God and Goddess to disciplined love hearted people who are the devotees of Lord shiva. Should eat only once that day.
    Observing this vratam will get one the great boon of shri Lord sha.nkara's delight. It would bring much joy and comfort in life, lead to the abode of Lord shiva and give the liberation. mahA vishNu got wedded to laxmi sincerely observing this vratam. brahma wedded saraswati, indra wedded indrANi, moon wedded the 27 stars, sage agastiya wedded lobhamudra observing this vratam. The two daughters of vishhNu namely amR^itavalli, saundaryavalli were married to the six faced Lord as devasEna and vaLLI. The daughter of vedAN^ga R^ishhi called sukesi got married to nandi devar.The two daughters of sage satyapUrNar pUrNa, pushhkaLai were wedded to mahA sAsthA. kAma got rathi, sIta got rAma, jAmbhavati got kR^ishhNa, sage saupari got many princess' and so many more benefitted all in the glory of this vratam. The man who observes this vratam will get the girl he likes and the woman gets beautiful man as her husband. The couple who observe this will get good offspring. Anybody who observes with devotion will get His grace.

It is also beleived we have to recite this slokam for parvati on that day:

Slokam:

The mantra is as follows:
    Katyayani mahamaye mahayogindadhishvari
    Nandagopasutam devi patim me kurute namah

I hope this information for people who wish to have good married life , people who are looking for good spouse and the couples who are looking for child gift .

Ramyakaushik

3. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Thankyou Remya,
    For your elabarate version. Will help so many of our ILs.
    Thankyou.
    Viji

4. jyoo

jyoo New IL'ite

Can anybody please share the details of how to perform Garbha Kavacham parayanam and also the slokas related. Thanks a lot in advance.

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ramya for the explanation of the Kalyanavratham. Can you let me know when it is to be observed this month?

Usha
    Motivation metaphor

6. venkak

venkak New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Can you post Sankatanaasana Ganapathy slokam?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hai Chitra Maam,

I am new tothis sie. Kindly reply for my query. We will have to tel full soundarya lahari, or just selected slokas. (for problems)

Pls let le know .

Cheers,

Priya

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya,
    Please go through the shloka index in detail. I have given a selected few for daily chanting on a regular basis. That is normally sufficient.
    But if you have any specific problem, go through that thread & chant it extra, minimum 12 times.
    Love,
    Chithra.

quote=Priesh;259570]Hai Chitra Maam,

I am new tothis sie. Kindly reply for my query. We will have to tel full soundarya lahari, or just selected slokas. (for problems)

Pls let le know .

Cheers,

Priya[/quote]

9. subahardin

subahardin New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,

Can you help me in finding the Hyagrievar Stothram, especially in Sanskrit. I did have this some 3-4 years back on my system, I dont remember the site from where I had downloaded the same. But Now am not able to find out the same.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Subahardin,
    I have posted Jnanandamayam.... in my special shlokas. Other than that, I do not know any. Searching on the net - I really do not have the time, sorry.
    Love,
    Chithra.