Shree Maharudram Mahayagnam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by iyerviji, Nov 24, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

On the request of Suryakala I am giving below the details about Maharudram

Shree Maharudram Mahayagnam is a sacred ritual performed for the welfare , happiness and well being of people all over th eworld and toward off all evil. According to the karma kanda of the Vedas, Shee Maharudram Mahayagnam is the greatest offering a devotee can offer to Lord Shiva. Srirudram chant is an ancient Vedic hymn in praise of Lord Shiva and is the oldest prayer with a listing of variousnames of Lord Shiva. Through the chanting of Sri Rudram, Lord Shiva's various attributes and aspects are involved and worshipped The most fascinating feature of this event is the congregation of the exponents of Vedas (Considered the earliest literary record of Indo Aryan civilization, and the most sacred books of India.It will provide an opportuity to listen and appreciate their expertise and the vibrations created by the Vedic chants. Sri Rudram will be recited eleven times by 121 ritwiks adding upto 1331 times to complete Maharudram.The synchronous chanting of Sri Rudramwill rever berate all around creating divine ambience.

Chanting of Rudram11 times is called Rudraikadshini
    Eleven Rudraikadshini forms one Laghu Rudram
    Eleven Laghu Rudram (Chanting Sri Rudram 1331 times ) forms Maharudram

ThisVedic Ritual is done particularly for the sake of washing away ones sins and afflictions, for bringing peace, prosperity and family happiness. Even listening to recitations absolves the mankind from hardships and paves way for qualitylife.

Me and my dh had the opportuntity to attend the function and listen to the Rudra Chanting, Abhishekam and Vasurdhara and have the prasdam and take blessings of Lord Shiva. After that my dh has improved in having breakfast and lunch which is the effect of attending the function. He is much better now and has started going out alone , otherwise I always used to go with him. Only in the evenings he is not able to take anything solid but I think slowly he will improve in that also.

My sincere thanks to the Almighty for my dh's recovery and God has proved that if we have faith in Him, he will take care of his bhakthas.

6 people like this.

2. sublakshmi

sublakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi vijimami,

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information about maharudram and also the photos u have sent in the other thread.

May god bless u and mama with more health.

Have a great day.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sublaxmi for your super fast fb. Thanks for your good wishes

4. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Good to know about the details of Rudram.. I have heard the advantages of this hymn from my parents and hearing it will for sure create a healthy life..
    Thanks ma for sharing the details..

1 person likes this.
  5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Sister,

I have heard Sri Rudram being chanted, though I have not attended any Laghu or Maha Rudra Yagnam.

Even without the divne atmosphere of yagnam, just hearing the very recitation of Sri Rudram is so effective. when heard with concentration, the vibrations are cosmic and divine if chanted correctly. It takes us to a different level of consciousness.

I didn't know the material including medical benefits of hearing Sri Rudram. I am so happy that your dear husband has improved so much after attending the Maha Rudram. The vibrations of Sri Rudram are so powerful.

Rishis who heard and gave us Sri Rudram are (were?) great. We Indians are so blessed to have given to us and we have the opportunity to be benefitted in our day to day lives.

I am very thankful for your immediate and kind response to my request.

Om Sai Ram.

2 people like this.
  6. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Thanks for explaining Viji Aunty.. I have heard about Rudhram but now only getting to know abt Maharudhram Mahayagnam

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Aarchana dear you are welcome. Its my pleasure

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Surya dear true hearing Rudram is very effective. Now a days many have learnt Rudram. In the Shiva temple near our house they chant Rudram and the Poojari does Abhishekam with milk, honey, etc and also do alankaram to the Lingam and do archana on Mondays. Its my pleasure to write about Rudram which I got from the notice where the Maharudram was there

Om Sai Ram.[/QUOTE]

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad Shruthi dear to have come here and learnt about Rudram

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Good of you to share the detailed about Rudram. Well narrated ma...

Shanti

1 person likes this.