Slokas /Puja for parents well being

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Stand4urself, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Stand4urself

Stand4urself Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I have been a silent reader in the forum for a very long time and now time has come for me to post the query as my search option didn't help me much as it usually does:hide:
    I want to say slokas or do puja for my parents’ wellbeing. My mom's health is becoming a serious concern and its effect on my father.
    Even doctors are not sure about the cause of the illness so every time we end with different conclusion on the root cause.
    Is there any sloka or puja I can do for her? Please help :help
    PS: I'm married and live in Bangalore. My parents live in Chennai.

2. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi,

The 'Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra' is overcoming health problems and is addressed to Lord Shiva. If its possible, please recite the mantra 108 times a day facing east/north with a rosary mala. Ideally, your mother should be reciting the mantra, but if it is not possible, you could do on her behalf.
    Also, performing Rudrabishek for Lord Shiva is also helpful with milk especially on Mondays. Please also try to observe Pradosh days for Lord Shiva and Nandi. Again, its best if your mother could observe the abishek.
    With faith and devotion, the Lord would answer your sincere prayers.

3. Stand4urself

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I'll search for 'Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra' and start chanting asap.
    My parents contribute for the monthly pradosham even though they dont go to temple due to health issues. However I'll check with her on "performing Rudrabishek for Lord Shiva with milk on Mondays"

4. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am glad to be of help. Regarding the "performing Rudrabishek for Lord Shiva with milk on Mondays", you can look up for Somavar Vrat addressed to Lord Shiva, which is done for 16 Mondays.
    God bless.

5. Stand4urself

Hi Dave,

Sorry, I didn't see your reply. Sure, I'll check on the details.