Vaibhav lakshmi vrat

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by hemasureshbabu, Oct 4, 2012.

1. hemasureshbabu

hemasureshbabu New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm planning to start the Vaibhav lakshmi vrat. Please inform me what should i eat after the puja? Only sweets or can i have the meals?

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

you can eat veg food sans onion and garlic after the pooja. Some prefer to eat the prasad which is offered to the goddess. But i used to eat simple dal chwal and sabji after the pooja.

3. hemasureshbabu

hemasureshbabu New IL'ite

Thanks Vaidehi for your reply. Can you please give small guidance how to perform this vrat or pujs. I appreciate it!

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Sure, Its my pleasure....

Every Fridays i used to bathe in the morning,wear clean washed clothes and will fast till the pooja is done at Sunset(6 PM). I used to have some fruits and milk in the lunch time.
    And evening by sunset i would clean the place set up for pooja, place a wooden stool on which i would spread REd colour cloth and spread some RAw rice over it in a square form. Over that will place a vaibhava lakshmi mata picture along with a kalash filed with Water and some coin or gold inside the kalash. Also wil put a cup or a plate over the kalash. Recite the shlokas & story mentioned in the book and do offer flowers,aarti and dhoop to the goddes. Also do naivedhyam of some kheer or some sweet item.

Will try to distribute the prasad among neighbours and later will consume the same along with simple home cooked meal.

Hope this helps !

Thanks for gvg me the opportunity to explain it to u. May all ur wishes come true.