Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Swami (2nd Incarnation of Sri Dattatreya)

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by saras123, Sep 22, 2012.

1. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Om Ganesha

Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Swami (2<SUP>nd</SUP> Incarnation of Sri Dattatreya)

nrusimha-new.jpg
    Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi swami is the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Incarnation (Avataar) of Sri Lord Dattatreya in this kali yug. He was born in 14<SUP>th</SUP> Century in Karanja, in Washim District in Maharashtra to pious couple Amba Bhavani & Madhava Shastry.

In her earlier life Sri Amba Bhavani was a very poor brahmin window in Kuruvapuram. She was stuck with so many calamities that she tried to commit suicide by drowning herself in Krishna river along with her dumb son. Sri Padavallabha swami stops and advises her that she shall be blessed with a noble son equal to him in spiritual stature, in her next life if she spends her life in the worship of Lord Shiva doing Pradosha Pooja.

In the next life as there is no equal to him, Sri Padavallabha Swami was born as Narahari to Amba Bhavani & Madhava Sharma. When this child was born he did not cry but clearly uttered pranava nadham (OM). When he was born, his mother could not breastfeed her baby as she did not have enough milk and she felt very sad. At that point baby Narahari touched his mother’s breast and the milk oozed out in several dhaaras.

Throughout his childhood he performed several such miracles. When he touched a metallic item, it turned into gold. Till the age of seven Sri Narahari did not utter a single word. This was the cause of worry and concern for his parents. He mentioned in sign language , if they perform upanayanam (Sacred thread Ceremony), he would talk and promised his mother that he will talk to her first. His parents performed his thread ceremony and miracle of miracles he sang all four vedas thus surprising all who came to attend the sacred thread ceremony.

He asked Bhiksha (alms) from his mother and immediately sought permission to take Sanyasa ashramam. His parents especially his mother refused saying he is the only son to them. He promised them that they will have more children and gave them his divine darshan. After an year his parents had twins.

One day he left his home seeking his parents permission and blessings. He went to Varanasi and took Sanyasa from his Guru Sri Krishna Saraswathi .

The guru gave him the Dheeksha namam ‘Nrusimha Saraswathi’ . He travelled to various places like Badrinath, Gokarna, Karavirapuram, Bhillavati, & Ganagapuram. On his wasy performing lot of miracles and uplifting people from their miseries.

He settled for almost 2 decades in Ganagapuram , near Gulbarga, Karnataka on the banks of holy rivers Bheema Amaraja. Performed number of miracles there. This was his place of tapas & anushtaan. It is strongly and whole heartedly believed that even today he resides there and takes alms at 12 noon from the households.

Padukas.jpg

His Nirgun padukaas are installed in the math there.

He ended his avatar by going to Sri Sailam in Andhra Pradesh by wading in a boat decorated by flowers. He told his disciples that some flowers would come back from the river at the place where he entered the river. As told by him, the flowers came floating onto the river and the disciples took the flowers as 'Prasad’ .

One of the disciples who received this divine flower ‘Prasad’ was Sri Siddha who inturn gave us a Maha Guru Prasad -To All the mankind in the form of SRI GURUCHARITHRA- A divine Elixir.

Sri Gurucharitra depicts the life story of Shri Nrusimha Saraswati Swami. This divine elixir was written in Sanskrit in the 15<SUP>th</SUP> Century by one of his closest disciples- Sree Siddha. The divine book is written as a conversation between a disciple Namdharaka and Siddha. It is written in Marathi by Saraswathi Gangadhar who belonged to lineage of Sree Siddha.

This divine elixir contains many miracles performed by Shri Nrusimha Saraswati. It is read with great reverence by the devotees of Lord Sri Dattatreya.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 274.65pt; mso-cellspacing: 2.2pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width=366><TR style="HEIGHT: 20.5pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 270.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 20.5pt; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=360>The Samastaan details:

Shri Gurumandir Samasthan
    <TR style="HEIGHT: 0.15in; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 270.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.15in; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=360>Shri Nrusimha Saraswati Swami Maharaj Sansthan<TR style="HEIGHT: 14.55pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 270.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 14.55pt; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=360>Karanja, Distt. Washim, Maharashtra, INDIA 444105<TR style="HEIGHT: 0.15in; mso-yfti-irow: 3; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 270.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.15in; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=360>Telephone # (07256) 222455 / 224755
    Email: gurumandir_karanja@yahoo.com
    http://www.gurumandir.org/index.html

Sarvejana Sukhino Bhavanthu.

Sri Datta Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara

2. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Digambara Digambara Sri Datta Digambara Sri Pada Sri vallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara

1 person likes this.
  3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras Sister,

On reading about Shri Nrusimha Saraswathi swami, I am so inspired and proud to be born in India where such Avatars took place. His miracles both at the time of His birth and at the time of ending His Avatar , are so awe inspiring.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful informationon the second incarnation of Shri Dattatreya.

May Shri Nrusimha Saraswathi swami bless you and your family.

Sri Datta Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara.
    Sri Datta Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara.

4. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras Sister,
    Wonderful information about the second avatar of Swami Dattatreya. Thanks for sharing with all.

5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anu for visitng & liking my thread.

Digambara Digambara Sri Datta Digambara
    Sri Padavallabha Digambara
    Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara
    Sri Swami Samartha Digambara
    Sri Sainatha Digambara

6. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suryakala Ji

I was very happy reading your post.
    Believe me- purely personal experience, when you start reading Sri Guru Charithra, I cannot explain in words the effect you will have on yourself.

We need to thank Our CREATOR -He gave us this chance, this birth and this joy.

'SREE GURU CHARITHRA IS PURE DIVINE NECTAR'

1 person likes this.
  7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear bhuvisrini

Thanks for visiting this thread & liking it.
    Digambara Digambara Sri Dattadeva Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara

8. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Saras,

I'm blessed to see Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Swamigal and to read about the miracles of Swamigal. I have read about Sri Lord Dattatreya swamigal in IL but I never thought I could get such a blessing of seeing the Swamigal. really feel blessed. I will daily read Siddha Mangala Stotram that why I got this blessing I think so. Thanks for Sharing Saras.

I know Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Swamigal will hear my prayers soon and will fulfill my wishes.

Sri Datta Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara Sri Swami Samartha Digambara Sri Sainatha Digambara.
    Sri Datta Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara Sri Swami Samartha Digambara Sri Sainatha Digambara.

9. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear hopesinbaby2010

Thanks for visiting this thread.
    Don't worry Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Swami varu will bless you with bundly of joy.
    Keep reading Siddha Mangala stothram, SWAMI WILL TAKE CARE.
    Loads of baby dust to you.

Sri Datta Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi Digambara Sri swami Samartha Digambara Sri Manikya Prabhu Digambara Sri Sainatha Digambara

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras Sister,

Om sairam,

Blessed we are to have been hearing about the Datta Parambara, Thanks to Guru to have nominated you to render this great service to his Devotees. Thanks to you for sparing your time and energy to fulfill this service, May Baba bless you and give you strength and energy to share the nectar of Lord's blessings to all of us.

Having blessed the Maharastra state, Sri Nrusimha Saraswathi has blessed us as the 2nd Incarnation of datta Parambara, but one thing we are not not able to understand that the significance of Pradosha Pooja is not as familiar as in South India.

It is a long term desire that needs to be fulfilled by Baba to visit Gangapur and seek his blessings, Hope baba fulfills the same as and when we are fit for it.

Blesses are we to have darshan of GURU PADUKAS and a great feast to eyes and the mind.

Would also share with you about a 110 year old avatarpurush near lonavala who blessed us giving us padukas and is associated with Namadev.

Hope baba bless you with time and energy to share with us more about the Datta parambara. May Baba shower blessings and fulfill your wishes too.

Digambara Digambara Sree padha Vallabha Digambara.

1 person likes this.