Any pooja for pregnants to do concieve a girl

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nidhi2011, Oct 25, 2011.

1. nidhi2011

nidhi2011 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Please tell me any pooja that I can do to concieve a baby girl. I am very desperate about it . I am just 2 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy is after a long time and after lot of effort. I want to have a girl as I am not sure about further pregnancies and I am very desperate about. .I was doing Vaibhava laxmi pooja even a week before I was confirmed pregnant. Not sure If I can continue the pooja. Please friends let me know. Any pooja to concieve a girl. I know pregnant women are forbidden from doing certain poojas.

Nidhi.

2. karthikshetty

karthikshetty Senior IL'ite

Nature takes its own course. God has nothing to do with it. Girl or Boy, please love your kid....why would you want to have a preference.

3. nidhi2011

nidhi2011 New IL'ite

Hello karthikshetty

No matter what , whatever the gender of my child I will shower equal love on them. But as I said I have special inclination towards girl which I dont think is wrong. As I said since this is my first pregancy and my chances of having further kids or pregnancy is almost nill I have a preferance of having girl.

"God has nothing to do with it."
    I strongly believe that whatever I have today is from gods grace. I strongly believe there should be ways to be blessed. I want to have girl strongly but if I have boy It doesnot mean I will hate him. Its just my personal preferance.

....why would you want to have a preference.
    Each of us have a preferance due to various reasons.

So please any one who have any idea about it let me know. I will be really thankful. I know our culture is really great and there should be ways to be blessed with a Girl.

Thanks
    Nidhi

Happy Diwali.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  4. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on ur pregnancy... I think by now the gender is confirmed... I mean u are already pregnant... N, now whether its a girl or boy u will have to accept it... I don't think any prayers or poojas can help now... All u can do now is pray for a healthy child... I sincerely wish tht u have a baby girl... Good luck... Tc...

3 people like this.
  5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

nothing in our hand...god has decided already..all u need is healthy baby....wish u a girl baby...all the best

6. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

1) We have to read the arya stuti - It is the prayer to the goddess form which gave birth in Nanda-yashoda's house during Krishna's birth. I read it in this forum earlier.

Incase if you are telugu speaking person, you can get the book in telugu from avkf.org Display the Titled Book

2) Read Lalitha sahasra namam daily - telling the sankalpam for a girl.

3) Also, if you read soundaryalahari, the baby will be born beautiful - read this if you can read telugu without pronounciation errors.

I do not know how many times we have to read and for how long. Just depending on your time, you impose on yourself that I will read this many times for these many days for the birth of a girl child - tell this in the sankalpam before reciting anything.

Also, in your house put the goddess pictures where you are most of the time.

Thanks,
    Preethi.

7. karthikshetty

karthikshetty Senior IL'ite

Not sure but I have heard that your baby's gender is influenced by the pictures you see around you during your pregnancy....my aunt used to put posted of girl child in her bedroom and voila whether you blv it or not, she had a baby child...phew, i personally do not blv in all this but hope this helps you...just by co-incidence at least :p

8. nidhi2011

nidhi2011 New IL'ite

Thank (csyde)Preethi, I am currently doing Lalitha sahasranamam occasionally. I will do it daily and also follow your other stuff (Soundarya lahari, and put beautiful godess pics). Yes Preethi I am telugu speaking. I didnot get about Arya stuti, Should i read the prayer. When I googled about it I didnot find any thing on that. I will try to get the book you posted.

Thanks Karthik and Subha Ganesh.

I wish god will bless me with a healthy beautiful baby girl. I want to perform Vaibhava laxmi pooja too, Can any one clarify about it. I am not sure If pregnant women can perform it. I will not fast during that day but do all the other stuff.

Thanks
    Nidhi

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. swee2

swee2 Silver IL'ite

Hey nidhi!! As we concieve the gender of the baby is confirmed right at that tym.
    It all depends on the male or female sperm that fertilizes our egg.
    But as we cannot exactly know when & how we conceived, we cant know the gender also.
    But be positive & pray for your wishes.
    As god is always there to make our wish come true.

Wish u a good luck !!

10. Ranigopalkrishn

Ranigopalkrishn New IL'ite

Hai...any one tell me I need AARYA STUTI ...I didn't get any where plz post any one ... By the by nidhi now ur a mother right...blessed with girl or boy baby. waiting for you are reply