Any sloka for finding lost/misplaced things???

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by jayyu5, Jul 31, 2011.

1. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends

Is there any sloka to find out lost things. I had kept my gold chain somewhere at home, which was recently gifted by my mother.I feel so bad. I have not told my mother yet. I am just searching my home again and again but in vain. I am sure its lying somewhere at my home. Pls let me know if there is any sloka or something to get my chain. I really miss it.

Sairam
    Jayyu

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

To find out lost items pray to Kaarthaveeryaarjuna with the following slokam:

Karthaveeryarjuno naama raaja baahu sahasravaan
    thasya smarana mathrena gatham nashtam cha labhyathe

கார்த்த வீ ர்யார்ஜுனோ நாம ராஜா பா(3)ஹு ஸஹஸ்ரவான்
    தஸ்ய ஸ்மரண மாத்ரேண க(3)தம் நஷ்டம் ச லப்(4)யதே

On seeing your post, I remembered reading somewhere in the net that praying to Kaartha Veeryaarjuna helps to find out lost items. So just searched for it, thinking that it will be useful to remember it and found the above slokam, which is already mentioned in another thread in Indusladies (http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pujas-prayers-and-slokas/1868-shlokas.html).

Additional info I found in another site (Kartha Veeryaarjuna slokam ):

Meaning: There was a king by name "Kaarthaveeryarjuna", who has 1000 hands. On thinking of him, we will get back whatever we lost.

The king kaarthaveerya was born to a king. By birth, he has no hands. After doing penance, he had darshan of shri guru Dhattathreya who gave him 1000 hands. He also gained other boon that on thinking of him, people should get their lost things. So, even today when we lost a thing, we chant this sloka and this is very powerful.

Additional info: This king with his 1000 hands once stopped the flow of river Narmada, to make his haremmaiden happy. At that time, Ravana was doing pooja on the other side. Due to sudden change in the river flow, his whole pooja materials were washed off. Because of this, a war happened between them. Finally, kaarthaveeryarjuna won and imprisoned Ravana. Then his grandfather pleased Kaarthaveerya and Ravana was released.

Hope this will be useful for you. Good luck to find your chain at the earliest.:thumbsup

geevee68 and meenueash like this.
  3. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Also posting the picture of Kaartha Veeryarjuna taken from the site Divine Brahmanda

[​IMG]

4. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

-
    -
    கார்த்த வீர்யாஜுனோ நாமோ
    ராஜா பாகோ சஹாஸ்ரஹா
    தஸ்ய ஸ்மரண மாத்றேன
    நஷ்டத்ரவ்யம்
    லபேத்ருவம்

keep chanting this and you would find it.

I will also keep chanting for you as I know it byheart.

secondly wherever you are standing have a piece of vellam [ jaggery] and pray to goddess Araikaasu amman அரைக்காசு அம்மன் to retrieve the lost thing. Till you get offer it daily in the pooja room.

All the best for you to get back the chain, next time onwards be careful beti.

5. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Thanks mahanu and mathangi aunty. i will write the sloka on paper and chant it. i will update u both for sure once i find it. Thanks so much.

6. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jayyu,

U can pray to one amman called - "Arai kaasu amman". in ur pooja room pray to this goddess by telling that "arai kaasu ammane, pl help me to get my lost chain on urgent basis. i will do jaggery neivedyam (ie. offerring of little piece of jaggery.) i am 100% sure u will get it.

Last yr I had been to Indore and my husband forgot his cell in one of the shop. when he came back, he realised it. Since he had been to 2/3 places, he did not remember where he had lost it. I prayed to this amman and we called that No. Imagine, the shopkeeper picked it up and said that it has been lying there for quite some time. We told him to keep safely and went and collected it. I came back to mumbai and did jaggery neivedyam

shashu
    om kriya babaji nama om

geevee68 likes this.
  7. taragopinath16

taragopinath16 New IL'ite

Hello All
    I too have lost a gold ornament, I am feeling very depressed, more so after I heard losing/finding anyone's gold articles attracts bad luck. Please help. I have been chanting Karthaveerarjuna Shloka, for how many times should I chant in a day? within how much time will I get back?
    Please Reply
    Thanks
    Tara~

8. olivellam

olivellam Silver IL'ite

I have prayed to Araikasu amman with lots of success. One more sloka I chant is

Namosthu Raamaya cha Lakshmanayaa Devyai cha thasyai Jankaathmajaayai
    Namosthu Rudrendra Yamaanilebyo namosthu chandraarga maruth ganebyaha.

this slokam comes in Sundara Kandam. This was chanted by anjaneya when he was searching for Sita. Just as he finished chanting, he saw Ashoka vanam and the rest as they say is history (or should i say epic??)!!!

9. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

You will get it back within 3 days from now. Your ornament is just misplaced and will be in the same area in a metal box... check it please.
    GOD bless

10. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

same here .. arakasu amman.. if u pray its 100% success and also after u get ur things back, please go to nearest amman temple and give (donate) little acchu vellam (jaggery in moulds)

1 person likes this.