You are already
a member and logged in!
I did the pooja with lime lamp for last 9 weeks. Procedure given here are what I followed. Friends if there is anything wrong please feel free to post it.
Procedure for making Lime lamp:
Procedure for doing pooja:
- Take a big lemon. wash it. cut it into half.
- Remove the juice. Dont use the juice.
- Turn the skin upside down. so that the smooth side goes inside.
- level the outer skin so that the lamp can sit properly.
- put santhanam and kumkum on the lamp
- So you have two lamps now.
- pour oil and put "Thiri"
Best Days and time for doing pooja:
- This can be done in any temple with Durga or amman sanathi
- But it can also be done at home
- for performing pooja, you can chant lalitha sahasranam, thrisathi or whaterver slokas you know about amman
- If you are doing pooja at home, Do some neivedhyam
- After chanting sloka, do arathi to amman
Note: If possible avoid nonveg, onion, garlic on those days
- Raghu kalam in Friday and Tuesday are best to perform this pooja
God Bless you!!!