Importance of swastik symbol in Hindusism !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by mssunitha2001, Mar 18, 2011.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Importance of SWASTIK symbol in HINDUISM

[​IMG]

The symbol of Swastika is considered to be highly auspicious and thus it is quite often used in the art and architecture of Hindus. It finds a special place for itself in the wedding decorations. Swastika designs can be found in temples, doorways, clothing, cars etc. Most of the wedding cards have the Swastik symbol imprinted on them. To know the meaning and significance of Swastika in Hinduism, read on.

The four wings of the Swastik cross point towards the four directions, namely North, East, South and West, which connotes stability, firmness and strength. It is used as the symbol of Sun, thereby representing Lord Surya. Swastika is regarded very sacred and therefore this motif is used to adorn almost all the things associated with the Hindu religion. Due to its holiness, it is used in all the Hindu yantras in the form of a religious symbol.

Most of the religious scriptures contain the design of Swastik. Even, the Hindu God Ganesha is depicted as sitting on a lotus flower kept on the bed of Swastikas. Swastika is one amongst the 108 symbols of Lord Vishnu. It signifies the rays of sun, which are precious for the existence of life. The right side of Swastika represents the rotation of sun, which begins from the Northern hemisphere and then proceeds to east, then south and finally west. Left side of Swastika is known as Sauvastika. It symbolizes Goddess Kali, who is portrayed in a very terrifying manner. She is considered to be the Goddess of darkness.

Source : Significance of Swastika in Hinduism - Meaning of Swastika in Hinduism, Importance of Swastik in Hindu Religion

[​IMG]

2. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

thanks for sharing this holy information

3. mssunitha2001

Dear Anu:)

Thank you so much ...

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Once again a nice post dear.

Made a good reading!

5. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

sunitha,
    I learnt a new thing today because of your post.Thanks.

6. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunitha,

Another good post. Can we tie it in home?

Regards,
    Lavanya

7. Siat

Siat Senior IL'ite

Dear Mssunitha,
    thanks for sharing! Really interesting.

May You be so kind to guard me, if I´m understanding right, that it means, the couterclockwise direction?
    Or did it mean that the Swastika is divided into two sides?

Sorry, maybe a silly question, but my translation into German make no sence to me :bonk:oops:

Sadly the Swastika have a bad reputation in Germany ´cause of our history and the abuse of Hitler and the Nazis (like other symbols :rant).
    Most of the Germans associate the Swastika with the Nazi-Regime and its terror, so if You´re German and someone sees a Swastika in Your home the first though might be: "Is he/she a (Neo)Nazi ?!?":roll:
    The problem is, (Neo)Nazis always are searching for new symbols they could abuse (to identify each other for example) ´cause our government prohibit some of their symbols, so I fear the day they hit on the idea to cover their intentions with pictures of deities with Swastika or something like that... So that our government hit on the idea to prohibit Murtis, pictures and so on for the sake of the Swastika shakehead

At this time the Swastika is allowed if there is obviously a religious background. If You aren´t able to proof that, and someone announce You to the police or the so called "Bundesverfassungsschutz", than You´re in trouble, `cause they will press a charges against You for "Showing of an anticonstitutional symbol" :rant

When a friend of mine take a look at my travel-shrine, she asked me: "Why of all things are You using the Hakenkreuz?" And I´ve to explain myself to her.
    It´s curious, ´cause she´s a really spiritual and well educated woman, but even for her the negativity of the abuse preponderates the properly meaning...

I´m hoping that´s changing one day.

Regards and blessings
    Siat

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  8. mssunitha2001

Dear siat, lavanya:), mohana:) and soldier aunty:)

Thanks for your fbs here.....i came across to know so much about swastik only after going through this post...

Dear siat :)

Thank you so much about sharing about religious symbols in Germany. Never knew that swastik symbols are seen there ...so far away from India....and are not liked by people over there....

dear siat....i dont know much about this apart from the information in this link i have given here....

anyways...shall surely look forward to be able to post more information which would be helpful to you dear....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

10. mssunitha2001