Please help

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by sujarajshk, Jul 14, 2010.

1. sujarajshk

sujarajshk New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am a software developer, I came into this field at age 39, and now have only 3 years experience, as you know in this field there are more youngsters only, and I am competing with them, I am unable to perform well, I am struggling with the logic and coding, I have lost all confidence, I pray everyday to Goddesses Saraswati and Lord Vishnu to give me intelligence and good memory and to perform well in my job. But, still I am in tears most of the time.
    Please help me with some slokas or prayers or what I should do to be more intelligent and have no problems in my job. What should I do to receive God's blessings.

Please suggest.

Thank you

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

sujarajshk,
    Friend, software is not rocket science. Age is not at all an issue, I have seen so many people move on to software in their late 30s, 40s and manage well. It might be baffling at first, happens to everyone. Spend more time on updating your skills, go through the software documentation study guide, self help guides, manuals, book for dummies, technical references, whenever time permits. Internet is a exhaustive resource and is very helpful, the next time you're given an assignment, research on the internet and check if programs exist for similar purpose, understand how it has been written, do this for few months and you will be able to write your own programs soon, that is how everyone becomes an expert. It needs a lot of patience and hardwork, but will help in the long run. Try to read and understand programs(any program not only project related), try to understand the purpose of each statement, syntax, how else it can be written etc, you will be surprised at how well you will be able to code on your own.
    I speak from personal experience and it helped. I was extremely nervous in a team of experts(I was a freshman), but lots and lots of books and internet(the google angel) has put me where I am today.
    Remember, coding is not rocket science, all you need is hardwork and patience to learn.
    Gud Luck :thumbsup
    ps: I will be glad to share more ideas if you can specify which technology you're working on.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  3. sujarajshk

sujarajshk New IL'ite

Hi Navs,

It was very encouraging to read your reply, I was in tears today, I am stuck with some coding, and you know how some guys can be tough on you, but actually, I love coding and I want to be an expert, I am finding it difficult for now. Hope it will pass. I hope to learn at every given opportunity.
    I work on Oracle PL/SQL.

Thanks a lot,
    Suja

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

hey friend, pl/sql is my line as well :thumbsup
    Here are few things that helped me.

1) Oracle Database Online Documentation 10g Release 2 (10.2)
    The 'sql reference' and 'pl/sql user's guide and reference' are excellent resources to learn the subject better.
    2) PL/SQL Tutorial - PL/SQL programming made easy.
    3) Step by Step Oracle PL-SQL Tutorial

Books that helped me are:
    4) Pl/sql for dummies
    5) Oracle pl/sql programming - Steven Feuerstein
    6) Oracle pl/sql by example - Benjamin Rosenzweig

Books 4 and 6 are the best books for beginners and very elaborative with examples for every single statement in this language. Book 5 is more like the bible for pl/sql with advanced topics as well.

Keep praying to goddess saraswathi and also chant the shloka to attain the impossible(taken from the shloka's index) every day.

Asaadhya saadhaka swaamin asaadhyam thavakim vadha:
    Raama dhootha dhayaa sindho mathkaryam saadhaya prabhu:

அஸாத்(4)ய ஸாத(4)க ஸ்வாமின் அஸாத்(4)ய, தவகிம் வத(4):
    ராம தூ(3)த த(3)யா ஸிந்தோ(4) மத்கார்யம் ஸாத(4)யப்ரபு(4):

All the best :thumbsup

5. sunraise

sunraise Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dont Degrade your self always and dont evn think like that

remind me in two days

i will help you