Need a gynecologist

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by anisam, Mar 30, 2010.

1. anisam

anisam New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm in a process of selecting a gynecologist for my pregnancy and i am unsure on how to go about the same. I live in Anna Nagar and work in Nungambakkam... My mother's place is in Besant Nagar which is the opposite end from Anna Nagar. In which area should i pick a gynec? Any sugesstions?? I intend on working throughout my pregnancy...

Cheers

Ani

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Ani congrats on your pregnancy :cheers.

Since you have decided to go to office as maximum aspossible it is better that you find a gynec nearby your home(anna nagar) instead of besant nagar. Coz in the beginning you are not supposed to strain much nor take an auto or long drive.So better you settle down with a nearby nursing home(ofcourse with the best)..In the final trimester or after delivery travellign in a cab shouldn't be a problem.So you can make trips.This is my opinion :).Take care :hiya

3. anisam

anisam New IL'ite

Thanks Cindhuja...

Your advice has helped me become a little more clear as I am totally clueless about the whole thing... I have heard about Dr. Mallika Samuel from First med in chetpet... Is she good?? Do you have any idea? Is it very expensive? Can you also suggest other gynecs in and around anna nagar??

Cheers

Ani

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Sorry dear not heard about her.There is an other thread about gynec's in chennai : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/personal-services/8423-good-gynecologists-in-chennai.html

Check this link for more details

I visit Dr.Latha Jawahar in Mehta nursing home(Chetpet)..She is good also 2 more gynec's are available in the same nursing home.

Few of my family members have been to Dr.Sujatha(Hande hospital,Aminjikarai).She is a sweet lady and a friend of dad too.This place is quite nearby Annanagar.

5. anisam

anisam New IL'ite

Thanks for all your help Cindhuja