duvadilan after sustain is safe

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sjohri, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Sjohri

Sjohri New IL'ite

my doc change my medicine duvadilan twice for ten days.Iam in 19 week i felt little spotting in a starting of first trimester.is it oK?plus when i ask her for down syndrome she told me to have triple test is it better test?and in which weeks it should done?by this we can know what type of disordrs?

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    medicine duvadilan is given to pregnant women who are experiencing stomach cramps and spotting.
    Both these minor discomforts are harmless.
    No side effects being in usage of this medicine.Your Gynaec will take care in this reg.

A triple test is a blood test that is slightly more involved than an AFP test. In addition to measuring the alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) for neural tube defects, it also measures 2 other hormones called 'unconjugated oestriol' and 'human chorionic gonadotrophin' (or HCG). These 2 hormone levels are combined with the woman's age to calculate a 'risk figure', or the chances of the baby having Down Syndrome.

A triple test is done by taking a blood sample at 16 weeks of pregnancy (but it can be taken between 14 and 21 weeks).

Different screening tests are available at various hospitals in India. Some tests are carried out in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy, and some later on, up until week 20 of pregnancy.

The screening tests include ultrasound scans, blood tests and a combination of the two.

Two types of test for Down's syndrome are available:
    Screening tests estimate the chances of your baby having Down's syndrome. These tests are offered to pregnant women regardless of age, though it can depend on where you live in the UK. It is possible to have the tests carried out privately, at a cost.

Diagnostic tests, such as CVS and amniocentesis, give you a definite result. These may be offered if your screening test shows you have a high risk of having a baby with a chromosomal condition. Diagnostic tests do unfortunately carry a slight risk of miscarriage, which is why screening tests are used first.
    Content from:::Pregnancy, baby and toddler health information at BabyCentre UK

Thanks