Five Powerful Tips to Ease Morning Sickness in Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ramyasrini8, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Ramya,
    You shared good tips!! Hope our IL pregnants do follow them!!

2. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

ooh! I get morning sickness in evening :biglaugh

As the clock strikes 5:30, I get the heaviness, bloating, nausea, sleepyness, uneasiness etc. etc. and this continues till about 9:30.

I eat well before this time to manage sugar levels, but I still get in trouble.

Any suggestions to manage the evening sickness?

3. ramyasrini8

ramyasrini8 Silver IL'ite

curry leaves for morning Sickness

It is one of the safest and most effective remedy for morning sickness in the first trimester. A soothing drink of Lime juice laced with a few leaves of curry leaves with a touch of sugar helps to relieve the symptoms of morning sickness.

Attached Files:

4. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

thank you much Remya. Really helpful for preggies like me..past 4 months n still morning sickness..releived from whole day sickness now though.. i 'll keep these tips in mind. thanks a ton Remya.

5. ramyasrini8

morning sickness (nausea and vomiting)

• eat smaller amounts of food every one to two hours during the day
    • try to follow Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating as much as possible; however,
    ignoring the guidelines for a short time won’t hurt your baby
    • if your iron or prenatal supplements make you feel queasy, take them with a
    slushy-type drink
    • try taking a liquid form of vitamins
    • try to keep taking your folic acid supplement even if you can’t take prenatal vitamins
    for a period of time
    • eat whatever appeals to you during this time
    • avoid fatty and fried foods
    • drink fluids such as apple juice, ginger ale, water, and clear black tea
    • don’t drink red raspberry leaf herbal tea as it may cause uterine contractions
    • try eating cold meals to avoid food smells, or have someone else cook
    • have fresh air in the bedroom while resting, and in the kitchen while cooking
    • try not to get too tired
    • wear loose clothing around your chest and waist

If you do vomit, rinse your mouth with water. You can also use a fluoride mouth rinse.
    This will help protect your teeth from the damage of stomach acids.

6. ramyasrini8

Natural Remedies for Morning Sickness

• Nothing beats morning sickness like a cup of ginger tea. The same spicy herb is used to counter motion sickness. To make ginger tea, boil 30 grams dried root (available in health-food stores) in 1 cup water for 15 to 20 minutes, strain, and sip.

• Herbal teas made with chamomile, lemon balm, and peppermint are also known to reduce nausea. Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried herb per cup of hot water. Avoid peppermint tea if you have heartburn, however.

• Brew yourself a cup of red raspberry-leaf tea. The herb is popular for a number of pregnancy problems, including morning sickness, and has been shown to relax the smooth muscles of the uterus. Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried herb per cup of hot water. But with this remedy in particular, check with your doctor before taking it. There is some evidence that raspberry leaf can cause uterine contractions, so your doctor might advise against taking it later in the pregnancy or if you’re at increased risk for miscarriage.

7. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

I will try to follow these tips in my second pregnancy

8. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Its crazy how morning sickness can affect you. Im the most crankiest, Im almost in the mid stages but I still go through it. I wanted to know more about it hence was going through online for Tips to go through Morning sickness & other Home remedies or common Remedies to Control Morning Sickness, great Tips! But some times its seems never ending. I came across this blog too where you can read on few more tips that they have shared, its a parenting blog - REMEDIES FOR MORNING SICKNESS See if it helps & do share more tips please :)

9. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

indeed an useful thread..
    will try to include whole grain foods.. thanks a lot..

will try to chew curry leaves often.. nice info..