Itching in and around the vaginal area

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by jaivid, Mar 13, 2009.

1. jaivid

jaivid New IL'ite

Hi

Now those of you who read the earlier post ... please dont think why only questions around itching :)

It happens to be a coincidence ...

Any idea what can be done to stop this continuous itching around vaginal area ... it is terrible especially at nights :(

Your ideas, suggestions will be useful!

thanks.

Jaya

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

hi Jaya,

I feel it is better to consult your doctor in this case.. becoz, she may provide u with some antibiotics if need be to avoid any type of infections..

Love,
    Vidyaa

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Jaivid,

I too had the same problem. It might be a fungal infection - that was what the doctor diagnosed for me. I was given an external cream to be applied in the vaginal area. So do consult your doc immediately. Till then you can try washing the vaginal area with warm water to which some salt has been added. Trust me, it gives a lot of relief and a peaceful night's sleep. Also wear cotton underwear, wash them in hot water and if possible dry them under the sun. Take care and hope your itchiness goes off soon.

Regards,
    Anitha

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  4. jaivid

jaivid New IL'ite

Thanks a lot ... I shall definitely try it today...
    So when is your due date?

Best Wishes
    Jaya

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

dear jaya,
    sounds like an yeast infection which is common in pregnancy.your gynaec will give u some antibiotics or lotions for relief and rather cure it...

pls read this...
    Yeast infections during pregnancy | BabyCenter

nothing to worry though, its very much curable...

just a few pointers,
    keep ur panties clean, by what i mean is change them a couple of times a day if u have vaginal discharge.
    everytime you go to urinate, wash the place thoroughly.
    use only cotton panties.
    if possible at nights sleep without panties, until this cures.it would let your skin breathe.

love
    Poonam

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I hope you have consulted your doctor by this time,sounds like a yeast infection.Don't worry.Your doctor will ask you to apply a cream externally 2 times a day.Consult her and use it immeadiately.

Hope you get better soon and good luck

7. jaivid

jaivid New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Poonam and Manju

I did consult the doc and she has given me candid cream and powder to be used ... It has reduced a lot but still not completely gone...

thanks again!
    Jaya

8. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

Good that itching has reduced... Candid-B is the cream that was given to me when I suffered from the fungal infection once I was in college.... I was ok in about a week. So dont worry it will go away soon...

Love,
    Vidyaa

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

dear jaya,

it will get cured soon, take bath twice a day but yes dont use too much soap on your privates...
    chennai is hot and humid and hence probably taking a little longer to heal.Use only cotton panties, and avoid jeans or any tight pants for a while.dont use panties at night... will heal soon... make sure you keep your area dry...and dont scratch at all!

10. jaivid

jaivid New IL'ite

Sure Poonam...

Hey you have changed your pic there?

All you said is fine... except dont scratch at all... Ooof... you know how terrible the itching is and I just cant resist but to rush to restroom :(

And little off this topic but related to my earlier thread ... you know I have started to get some liquid oozing out of the navel area ...it is very little though!
    Just spoke to one of my cousins who is a doc too and she says nothing to worry and it could be some infection again... just to clean/dry that area and apply some oil..
    Have you heard of this before?

How are things at your end?

-Jaya