Brown discharge during first trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by WBM, Dec 31, 2008.

1. WBM

WBM New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

i'm 5 weeks pregnant but a strange thing happened this afternoon. Once i woke up i found brown sticky like liquid was in my underpant. I just changed that. After that now approximately 5 hrs nothing came out. I dont have any pain also. I've no elder here and my doc told nothing to worry.please suggest me. Share if any one have same experience.

Thanks,
    Priya

2. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Hello priya,

Congrats for your pregnancy!

Do not worry about that liquid if your doctor is saying it is normal. Take deep breath and just relax...You have long path to go..

Enjoy!

3. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Dont worry about it. If it is just a brown discharge, there is nothing to worry about, just take enough rest, lie down flat. Anyhow it is better to consult your gynaec, to be on the safer side.

Happy New year to you and the LO inside.

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

4. WBM

WBM New IL'ite

Thanks nidhi and sangi:)

your words came like god grace for me.thanks a lot. Its about 24 hrs, no discharge till now. I'm already in bed rest.keep mailing.

Bye.

5. saraswatibhat

saraswatibhat Senior IL'ite

Brown discharge

Hi Ladies,

Iam 6.5 weeks pregnant.I am having a little amount of brownish discharge from past 3-4 days on and off.I had an ultrasound 2 days back and the doc told everything is fine.Just want to know if any of the ladies here had similar discharge during pregnancy? Since when I told my doc about this she told is nothing to worry unless it is associated with cramping and the discharge is red.

Thanks,
    Saraswati

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  6. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Re: Brown discharge

Hi Saraswati,

First congrats on your pregnancy.

As your doctor said it's nothing to worry unless it is red blood with more flow. This brown discharge is just an implantation bleeding, this occurs for most of the pregnant(early stages)women. So no worries enjoy your pregnancy.

7. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi saraswati
    Congratulations on ur pregnancy.
    There is nothing to worry regarding brown discharge.As long as it is not red.It may be due to implantation or else old blood which remained in ur body.
    you can go thru april2010 mommies forum in duedate clubs.
    You can see the experiences of me and suhana.
    we both faced same problem and now we r doing fine.The only thing you do is take more rest.rest will be the best medicine.
    I am telling frm my own experience and there is absolutely nothing to worry.
    njoy ur pregnancy dear.
    ******TAKE MORE REST*******
    ******DONT BEND URSELF TOOO MUCH******

8. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saraswati,
    Your gyn is correct as long as ur discharge is brown u dont have to worry. But if u have cramps or red flow then you need to contact ur gyn immediately. Take rest and enjoy ur pregnancy.
    -Priya
    [​IMG]

9. victory1

victory1 Senior IL'ite

Brown discharge 6 weeks pregnant

Hello my wife is 6 weeks pregnant and she's observing some small amount of brown discharge since last night. We are really worried. Is this normal? We called up doctor's office and the nurse told that it's normal but if there are any pains and cramps then we should go to the hospital. Still we are worried. She's not having any pains or cramps. She had an ultrasound done 4 days ago and everything was fine though it's still early. Please ladies let me know if this is normal so that I can calm my wife. I myself am worried.

Thanks

10. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Re: Brown discharge 6 weeks pregnant

This is normal.As the nurse said,you should worry if there are severe cramps associated with the discharge.You can consult the doctor if you are concerned.