Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I m pregnant with twins and just in my 2nd month. I would like to know anything about twins if anyone can share. Right from pregnancy to anything about delivery, diet, bringing them up or any other experiences that one might have gone through or heard of.

One of my relatives had twin boys through IVF and now the boys are 6 yrs old and managing them has been difficult and funny as well for them.

They buy everything in doubles, and if not they are sure to face the consequences at home. Both want to take bath first, to be fed first and be seated in the car first. There is always a race for everything the other twin brother does.

If their mom puts something in the plate and comes from the kitchen and gives one of them, the other one cries saying he has to be given first and that she has to go and take a filled plate and come walking the same way from the kitchen only.

One of them once asked their dad to see how it is raining and climbed a stool near where his dad was sitting and passsed urine on his dad's head.

They eat bannanas and throw in the neighbour's compound and if the neighbour questions they ll say ur house is our dustbin.

So many funny anecdotes..... funny for us but their mom gets too tired often. I also dread what I would have in store after a few months....

9 people like this.

2. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Ohh my God.... naughty babies.. i wish i could have had twins......:)..

Unfortunately my pregnancy was confirmed with Twins and during heartbeat scan, only one survived.. Anyway i always love twin babies.. do take extra care.. eat good food/compulsory drink 2 big glass of milk every day..

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

good coolpie you started this thread

i was also looking for twin's anecdotes, experiences etc

my cousin also had twins, who delivered premature...thanks to god and TLC by the family, they are doing well and all milestones are perfect..

4. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I don't have tips but love to watch twins' - their dresses, actions. My friend had twin brothers and while feeding one would say 'I don't want to eat now. I am not hungry or I want so and so food, not this' whereas the other would say the opposite. Also story telling part was frustrating to the dad because one kid wants a particular story and the other kid something else. Good Luck and Best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  5. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Dear coolpie,
    Congrats on your pregnancy!!!
    I am a twin mom too!! 15months fresh super naughties!!!!!
    They were born at 37weeks.Were in good health and weight.

Stay healthy.Intake more greens,fruits,proteins,calcium and multi-vitamins.
    Follow your dr advise.Are they identical or fraternal??

Take care :)

1 person likes this.
  6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

BP

need some motivation..is it possible to manage 2 LOs with house work etc on our own...

7. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

It is possible until they were not much mobile.Once they started moving we cannot leave them play and do our work-reason is one beats the another,grab the toy and run like antics are there;-).At nights you will definitely need your someone's help/support from the day 1.
    And yes life changes entirely:) Raising multiples is really a challenging part in parenting.
    When is you EDD??

1 person likes this.
  8. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    thanks a lot for responding. I am happy and afraid as well. Mixed emotions but I am cool.

Dear berrypine can u share how u managed the first year? And also on how to bathe, make them eat/feed, wat things to buy beforehand etc.

Any other tips and experiences/stories from others are also welcome.

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

guys

whoever i am mentioning twins is saying..'oh..how will you manage'

looking for motivation from other twin moms that we can do it on our own steam...pls

10. sumipani

sumipani Silver IL'ite

Hi cool pie , congrats.

I am mother of 16 months old twin babies. A boy and a girl. Like you I too very nerves when I was pregnant. I use to get so many tips from net. I delivered in US and my babies born premature at 32 weeks so, they where hospitalized for 1 month. After they came my in-laws visited here and helped us till babies are 7 months. After that I and my DH taking care of kids. Till they did,t move I use to do my house work and cooking in kids nap time. But now they both walk and run so I and my DH get up early and finish bathing, my cooking, he get ready to office before kids get up. If kids gets up when I am cooking then DH will look after them till I finish all my work. After DH goes office I never go to kitchen or do work except folding cloths. Whole day goes like jet fast.
    Bathing till 10 months babies I bath them one by one . I make one baby sit in rocker with belt attached when bathing another.but after that they grown up and use to pull them self from rocker. So, from then on words only bathing when my DH is in home that is in the morning or in the evening time. Head bath only in week ends for both kids.
    Feeding I breastfeed both babies till 1 yr old. That time little tough because both cries same time but I feed whoever seems very very fussy that time and give some small toy to another to divert till one baby finish feeding. After starting solid food in 8 months v bought 2 high chairs and till now they have food sitting in that only because its tough to roam back to feed. And they got used to sit in one place and eat also.
    Main advice I got from other twin mom are feeding at same time and putting them to sleep at same time is main. Ya in the being its tough but when v plan it and do it they will pick it up. Till now no problem in feeding and putting to sleep at same time. Don,t know when they grow older.
    Still I am in collecting idea for twins potty training. Because still I did,t start and confused how to make them sit when another is roaming around. Pls any one have older twins please give us some tips for potty training.
    Please take ur prenatal correctly. Even after delivery don,t stop for a yr. when every body use to ask how ur going manage I just think they are my babies its one or 2 I have to bring them up. I too get tied some times, that time my DH helps me a lot like totally he engages with kids. I too get angry when my daughter did't eat we'll because she is a picky eater.
    Any other doubt please let me know. Have a wonderful pregnancy.

12 people like this.