Urgent help needed : Best Gynecologist in Pune?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Mayaa2012, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILs,

I'm at Pune...I'm 21 weeks pregnant now...This is my first pregnancy...When I went for the anomaly scan I came to know that my cervix of 3.6 cms length has dilated for about 1 cm and loose on the top 2.6 cms.. So an emergency cerclage was placed.. Been a week now after the stitch... I'm so worried already about going into Preterm Labour, but somehow my doc is not giving the confidence and support I would need at this point...She is usually nice but dont know why she is not very comforting... She just says, "Lets hope.."... Does not share any success stories of her previous patients with me just for some inspiration sake... I'm not happy with that.. I've been put on bed rest but I have no proper rules defined and I always get confused about what state I'm in right now... I have an U/S next week to check my stitch...

I wanna go for a second opinion on my current status after the U/S...I also want to talk about the length of this bed rest and if I can fly to my hometown (Coimbatore) by 30 weeks if everything will be ok by then...If you are from Pune, can you please suggest the best gynec you know of? Thanks, that would be of great help...

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Maya

Which part of Pune are you from?

Some of my collegues are happy with Dr Manjiri Kulkarni from Jehangir hospital, while some in Deccan area go to Dr Sanjay and Dr Asmita Gupte at Gupte hospital. Dr Manjiri she also visits some place in Aundh

Aditya Birla hospital in PCMC, Ruby near station, Oyster & Pearl (nr SHivaji Nagar), Ratna Memorial (Deccan side) are good hospitals and they should have good Drs..

Lets see, other ILites might give more suggestions

1 person likes this.
  3. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ssm,

Thanks for your reply.. I was also reading some reviews on Dr.Seema Jain of Aditya Birla... I stay in Baner area.. I also heard Dr.Gupte is good...He has an extension clinic in Baner...I dont mind going to Aditya Birla too...

Just want to pick the best one of these people, since it is going to be for a second opinion and I might continue there if the Dr. gives me a good amount confidence... What would you suggest?

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

sorry dear, I dont have experience...Other than for TTC ...

I have interacted once with Manjri K, and although she is completely flooded with appointments, i found her nice and comfortable.

I am going to Gupte for treatment, but a visiting Dr is who i consult there. Gupte will be very faarrrr for you..

Aditya Birla is very expensive as per my collegue...

Maybe you can check with some of your DH's collegues wives in that area??

you can also try sending a PM to user Djain (her name is Dharini) from Pune...she had her baby in Pune only and she has posted her TTC success story on IL

5. GayatriKarthik

GayatriKarthik New IL'ite

Hi Maya,

I also underwent the cerclage stitch at 16th week as mild funeling of internal OS was noted (of 3mm). I was on bed rest for two weeks. Now my doctor has suggested me to join back to office but not to stress with physical activity. I feel completely comfortable and normal. My doctor advised me not to worry and her experience says a stitch placed in time will bear the fruit. As mentioned your stay near Baner, I would not advise you to travel till Koregaon Park (my doc's clinic is in Koregaon Park). I have heard a lot about Asmita Gupte. You should definitely visit them.

6. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gayatri.. Thanks a lot for your reply... What is your Doc's name? How many weeks are you now? Any troubles like spotting and cramping you faced after the stitch?
    Very happy to find someone from Pune who is going through the same thing.... I think Asmita Gupte visits Baner extension clinic... Will try to visit her...Any opinion about Dr.Seema Jain? She visits Aundh, Aditya Birla clinic too...

7. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

SSM... Thanks for your mention about DJain.. Not able to find her story...can u pls help me with that if u can?

8. GayatriKarthik

Hi Maya,
    My doctor's name is Ritu Santwani. I am in my 19th week and i don't feel any kind of spotting or cramping. My doc says that before the stitch and after the stitch the patient should feel no difference. She asks me to visit her after every 20 days and she makes sure she enquires if i feel any discomfort or pain in any part of the abdomen. She also mentioned that after the stitch you should not feel any kind of difference when you urinate. She also mentioned that she had seen many cases normal delivery happens at exact full term for cervical stitched patients. So don't worry and relax everything will be fine. Surely visit Asmita Gupte she is a very well known doctor and even one of my friend visit her. She also mentions that she is a very capable and comforting doctor. Take care.

9. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Gayatri... Just read some reviews about Dr.Ritu, seems she is really good...

I dont feel any difference while urinating, but after 6 days of surgery, I get a peach colored discharge in the morning everyday since surgery... I was told spotting was to be expected, but not sure for how long... Did you get any spotting immediately after the surgery?

Also, do you by any chance know if Dr.Ritu consults elsewhere apart from her clinic?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  10. GayatriKarthik

Hi Maya,
    She was consulting in Ruby Hall Clinic but now due to lot of patients flooding in her own clinic she has stopped her visits with Ruby Hall and Jehangir Hospital. I was told that any thing except white has to be immediately reported. I was informed that i may have little brown discharge for two days after that it should be normal. I had little brown discharge on the day after the surgery was completed and never experienced it after that. I was told that it is normal as the stitch will produce some brown discharge. Apart from that I never experienced spotting. It is almost more that 2 weeks now the surgery was performed for me. I was put on bed rest for 2 weeks. At the end of 2weeks I had a followup visit and everything was normal hence doctor asked me to resume back to my office.