How to knw if i have PCOS

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by angel12, Jun 7, 2012.

1. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I have been going through a lot of detailed information regarding PCOS online rather than helping i am more confused.:spin

i have been trying to TTC from past 5 months. My periods were regular with a 30 day's cycle. since January my cycle has changed to avg 32 days. One omnth i get 29 days cycle next month its 34 days cycle.. the Maximum that i have touched is 36days cycle and minimums 28 days.. I had consulted the doctor... She told me not worry as its only a few days + / -.. also stress can be a reason from my cycle change as i wos stressed abt my husbands job change and moving back to India... My doc inserted her hand inside me to check something and told us not to worry n try... she also recommended to take follic acid capsules.

Its been two months , i still havent been successful while TTC. this is my last try b4 visiting the doc again... I have had an abortion 1 year and a half back due to some reason after that everything was normal.

my BMI is normal and now we are well settled.. so no stress... I have normal periods with normal flow also... no other symptoms.. can i still have PCOS??

also is it serious ?? what steps should i need to take... Do i need to worry regarding my condition.:drowning..

i am posting this query here so that i can get help form all my unknown friends..:cheers

Thanks !!

God Bless
    Angel

2. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

You should get a ultrasound scanning and blood tests to exactly detect your problem.

3. Mimosa

Mimosa Silver IL'ite

Hi!
    Do u get less than 9 periods in a year? That is one common symptom of PCOS....other symptoms are considerable weight gain over a short period of time, anovulatory cycles, small coarse hair on the chin, etc. Use ovulation predictor kits and check for 2-3 months if u are ovulating. if you get a positive all 3 months, plus get ur periods regularly (even though it means long-ish cycles), no need to worry...
    Observe this for about 3 months, and then if u have doubts, check again with a doc. Good luck!

4. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mimosa....

I have gone through all the symptoms listed by you and even online... i haven't had any of them... guess its jst the matter of time ... hoping for the best... will consult the doctor if this month also we are unsuccessful..

5. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sanvi...

Will consult the doc this month

6. thavamalar

thavamalar Senior IL'ite

I am TTC & have been diagnosed wit PCOS recently. Been trying to diet to lose weight and also exercising. Hopefully i will be able to conceive soon.

7. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

Get USG done for ruling out PCOS.

8. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Surbhi...

Will see the doc this month end..

9. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hello all...

I am having a few questions in my mind.. can anybody please answer.. i have googled it a lot bt dint got a satisfactory answer.

I need to know what are earliest symptoms of pergnancy before periods..

Also what are the symptoms of PCOS.. and is it possible that even with normal periods cycle i.e every month periods, one can suffer from PCOS??

Awaiting your valuable response... plz clear my doubts

10. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Please advice if anyone can suggest any thing about below

Hello Ladies,

Need some clarifications about my condition...

i've been TTC from 4-5 months now... my doc suggested to try from CD11 to CD19 regularly.. We tried that. My CD19 was on 12th Jun. i have been charting my BBT and my temp has increased since 06th Jun. I have started having pain in my breast sing 10th Jun. and i am also feeling periods like pain in my lower back... I knw its too early to say any thing bt my temp is high since then

Also i have had acne problem since childhood. every time before periods i have acne and they go after my periods...

I cant understand any of these signs... i have an avg cycle of 32 days... my next periods are due on 25th of this month...

can anyone help me to understand what is going on ??

Thanks.. and Baby dust to all...

God Bless ​