Prenatal classes in Chennai ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Bhargaviguha, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Bhargaviguha

Bhargaviguha New IL'ite

Hi guys

I am trying to enroll into some Prenatal yoga classes in Chennai (specifically annanagar). Anyone knows someplace ? I am in my 20th week and am facing a lot of difficulty sleeping because of change in my gait. My backache and muscle aches have also increased. I try to stretch everyday , but it doesnt seem to be helping. Anyone has any suggestions how to keep these aches at bay?

bhargavi

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I got to know @ this only thro' this site.But I am not sure if they teach yoga.Kindly check PreggyJoy | Classes

3. Bhargaviguha

Bhargaviguha New IL'ite

Thanks Soumya . will Check them out.

4. Karpagamkarthik

Karpagamkarthik Junior IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Congratulations of your pregnancy!!!

I'm in my 38th week of pregnancy. Yet delivered at any time;))) Waiting to c my little one;))) May be for us it will be diwali gift;))) (our first diwali).

Ok ok, i wil come to your point, Evn my 3rd month i hav this same problem and i hav sum other complications too;(((.

Through this site(IL) I found DR.RAKHI KAPOOR thread, I joined her classes, after that only my sugar level was under control and I managed my pregnancy till now. She is contacting prenatal classes in chennai(alwarpet). The place name called DWI MATERNITY STUDIO. Contact number is 09884034562.

Rakhi, started own thread in this forum, first you will ask her your questn. the link is http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...hildbirth-queries-answered-5.html#post1855386

Hope this information will help you.

All the very best of your pregnancy.

Love

KK

5. Bhargaviguha

Bhargaviguha New IL'ite

Hi Karpagam

38 weeks... wow!! I can only imagine how the last few weeks of waiting must be really difficult , especially when you are just a sneeze away from meeting your little one ! God alone knows how i will be able to control my excitement and anxiety, come 38 weeks :)

Good luck for a safe delivery and hope you meet your lil one soon. My prayers and best wishes are there with you..Which hospital are you delivering in ?

I remember having seen this place during my pre-pregnancy days , will probably go and check it out. I attended a class by Rekha Sudarshan ( Seethapathy clinic ) in mediscan where we were taught some excercises , but when i try them at home, i always feel a little scared as i might go wrong while doing them without supervision.Also , its so much easier to get lethargic and abandon the routine if i am doing it myself :)

Was also wondering if there was some forum for Chennai expecting moms who would like to meet up during pregnancy /post delivery to share the stories of their pregnancy ?

Anyway, good luck to you,dear and give us the good news soon !

Cheers

Bhargavi

6. Karpagamkarthik

Karpagamkarthik Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear...

My 1st trimester was very bad. I had GD in my first trimester. Bt some wat i managed my pregnancy very well. And god grace my sugar level also normal now. BT one thing Bhargavi, I enjoyed my pregnancy;)))

Wat ever it is, The baby kick is unimaginable gift. And every pregnant mother will get that gift;))) Indha happy la nenga endha month nu ungalku thought la irukadhu.

And now I'm waiting fr my delivery. I dont have any fear about my labor. Mentally Rakhi prepared me n my spouse. Even i too do my exercise in home only. They will teach the exercise and im practicing in my home.
    May be the method of teaching the exercise is different.

Yeah, My sis joined chennai moms website. She will go n meet so many mothers. You will check their website. And I'm very much comfortable in IE. Its is very easy to access.

I'm going to Dr.Jaishree Gajaraj in Mangai clinic. Delivery we will be planning to go Malar. There are two option Apollo/Malar.

She is a very nice Dr. Who is ur gyne?

When is ur EDD?

So my little one is (he/she) ur baby elder brother/sister;)))

C u soon...

Take care....

7. Bhargaviguha

Bhargaviguha New IL'ite

Hi

Gosh! First trimester sickness plus GD is really too much to handle.Glad to know that your GD is at bay now.. Thankfully for me , the nausea lasted till 16-17 weeks and i didnt have any other issues. Ocassional puking itself left me so sick that i wanted to be able to eat something without feeling sick in the stomach when even thinking about it ! :) I guess now i am enjoying my pregnancy as the only discomfort i feel is due to my growing size !

I wish my lil one would hurry up and start kicking me ..I still havent felt any consistent kicks as i dont really know how to differenciate between gas/movement of baby. My mom tells me it will take a few more weeks to actually experience kicks.. I am just waiting !!

I am also planning to go to Rakhi after my Nov2 doc appointment.I have a anomaly scan in 2 days and am waiting to see the lil one after almost 2 months ! Thats real brave of u to be so confident of labour - i hope i will reach that point someday :)

I am very new to IE and havent yet figured out how to use it . is there some community here for Chennai moms? I will check out the chennai moms website and see -is it just chennaimoms.com ? My EDD is 12th March- so i have a lot of time left till the lil one comes- What are you hoping for- Girl/boy ? For us this is a miracle baby conceived after some trouble .I had PCOS and fallopian tube block and everyone in the entire extended family is waiting with bated breath that there will be a baby in our entire family after 12-13 years.

Cool, you go to Mangai .. I had one appt with Kavita/Nivedita ,but decided to stick to SMF ,as my mom's house is near to this hospital. My docs name is Uma. We wanted Dr.Shanta , but by the time i decided to shift to SMF it as almost 14 weeks and most docs at SMF take patients very early(1st or second month) I hear Appollo first med is awesome, but the charges are little high.

Good luck with the waiting and hope the lil bubs elder sister/ brother comes !

Bhargavi

8. Harini23

Harini23 New IL'ite

Hi bhargavi,

Me too faced these problems during my pregnancy and then my gynac recommended CARE Square Pre-natal care.I have been to CARE Square's Pre-natal Classes.They are pretty good and addressed my complications,the program includes Exercise, Diet and Counselling. go thro this site to know more www.caresquare.in,contact no. 9962775005

Warm Regards,
    Harini