No Fetal Heartbeat at 10weeks - Please help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by 135Deepa, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 135Deepa

135Deepa New IL'ite

I have had internal ultrasound (at 7 weeks) and everything looked fine and there we saw the heartbeat. I went in for my 10 week checkup and my doctor tried to hear the heartbeat using the Doppler. She couldnt hear the heartbeat. She then did an abdominal ultrasound and said that she wasn't seeing what she needed to see and was concerned I may have had an early miscarriage. Then again she did internal ultrasound. Again, no fetal heartbeat was seen. I instantly felt tears roll down my face. I was in shock. It was not the news I was expecting to hear. It truly is devasting to hear your baby has no heartbeat. This is my first pregnancy.
    She has scheduled ultrasound at other location tomorrow to confirm if it is indeed a miscarriage. I have not had any cramping or bleeding. I don't want to be unrealistic but have convinced myself that it just could have been a mistake and I really am still pregnant! Please let me know if anybody experienced this? Did anybody couldnt see the heartbeat at one ultra sound and found heart beat later after few weeks or other ultasound facility?

2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

Hi deepa,

Dont panic.

I have heard sometimes, it does happen.....
    haveheart and buck up....

You have to be prepared for anything , when you are pregnant these days.... Truct in the Almighty ...
    and accept whatever comes thru....

The doctor is your best friend and go as per her advise....

Dont tense yourself and be positive , its easy said, but relax till the next test and God bless you..

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Deepa
    dont worry you should be getting a positive answer in next scan
    i keep you in my prayers
    your LO will be safe

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Deepa,
    Dont worry. Sometimes, baby can shift in the uterus and a heartbeat may not be heard with doppler. Hope you will get a positive reply in U/S.

5. 135Deepa

135Deepa New IL'ite

Yesterday at a different ultrasound facility, technician couldnt find the heartbeat and my doctor confirmed it as miscarriage and wanted me to come tomorrow for Dilation and Curettage (D&C). Shall i wait for few more weeks and test again on ultrasound. My doctor says we shouldnt wait as it may cause infection. Please advice. Shall i go forward and complete D&C. Or wait few weeks until nature takes it out naturally? If D&C is performed , will it cause any problem in future pregnancy?

6. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Deepa,

sorry to hear this ..

I had the same situation of miscarriage of my first pregnancy and got aborted at 10 weeks without any symptoms of bleeding or cramping but found no heart beat.

I had D&C within days as suggested by Doctor, D&C dont give any future problems in getting pregnant, in fact it cleans uteres and makes it ready for future pregnancy, but you need to relax and make yourself ready for next one, give some gap for few months so that you will come out of the present greif and you will be ready to try new one.

best of luck,
    Sujatha.

7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

deepa
    i am sorry for the loss
    but i would suggest you to follow doctors as they know better than us
    but loosing a baby is not easy and we try everything possible to get them back
    but like your doc said if it causes infections it could cause more damage
    pray god for your speedy recovery

8. tanya2

tanya2 New IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

I have gone thru the same condition last year.
    My doctor wanted me to wait to see if i pass out everything naturally but it didn't happen.

Now, I am pregnant again and everyday i pray almighty for the safety of my LO. It took me 8-9 months to get pregnant again. After D&C give yourself some time to heel emotionally, take good care of your health (eat healthy food and take multivitamin) and then try again.

I will keep you in my prayers.

9. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Dear Deepa

I am sorry to hear about the loss. But dont worry , you will surely conceive again. Just have faith in God.

10. princi

princi Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

I am sorry for what you are going through.Some months back I too faced similar situation.No heart beat detected in 10 week.i consulted another Dr. but she too said the same think.Then I underwent D and C as adviced by the Dr. because if delayed it can really increase chance of infection.

Take care.

Regards,
    Princi