massaging during third trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by newlife2010, Mar 19, 2010.

1. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

Hi. Did anyone ever try self perineum massage during last few weeks of the pregnancy?
    If anyone has some experience ,pleas egive me some input.
    1)is it really effective for a betterchance of less tears?
    2)what oil/lotion/lubricants you have actually tried and what is your feedback?
    3)how many times a day and how many minutes every time?
    5)can anyone forward me any instruction video link to get an idea about how exactly it is done? I read the instructions online and the one given by lamaza class instructor.nut no diagrammatic representation.so I am confused and scared to give it a try . Because I already felt like when my doc was doing a simple pelvic exam (like pap test with his finger and then the pap test like steel tool), it felt so hard and hurting, I couldn't just relax.pap always hurts, but during this time I couldn't bear the discomfort of the test.I don't know if it is because avoiding intercourse and avoid taking anything closer or deeper inside during the entire pregnancy, I lost my tolerance level.
    lastly does walking really helps in less painful delivery.is it too late to start walking from 33/34 weeks and is 12/15 mintutes enough?
    Please help me with some info...
    thanks

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I'm in 3rd trimester , so have frequent back pains due to large belly.

My DH massages my back.......... you can have your DH or anyone run your shoulders and work your way down where you have pain, I sit on a chair and DH uses two tennis balls and runs it over my back and they release the tension in the muscles and gives relaxation, this was a common practice in our lamaza class and works very well.

3. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

I was actually looking for some relevant information in regard to vaginal perineal massaging to ease out normal delivery:drowning.... thanks for your info though

4. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

oops ........

Oh i never heard of such massages......... keep me posted if you come across something.