Light vaginal bleeding at 33 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by prettywomen123, Oct 19, 2009.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Last night I saw tiny spots of blood when I wiped my vagina with a tissue. I dont know what that was. I called my friend who is a nurse and she told me it could be a show and asked me to call the delivery suite only if the bleeding was heavy. She also asked me to monitor baby movements which is so far fine.

I also saw this light bleeding this morning. What can this be? I had given a swob for thrush and thought maybe the tissue would have torn or swollen in my vagina which could be reason for the light spots. I am not sure but I dont have any itching or pain when I urinate.I am so much concerned about this spotting.

Can someone shed light on what this light bleeding /spotting is at 33 weeks?Should I call my MW or go to the Day care assessment unit or wait?

Regards
    PW

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello PW,
    Hugs to you!!
    Just chk out....Did you lose your mucus plug? If you did and you're spotting you could be ready. Also,it can be a sign of preterm labor. But you never know, Check it with you OB GYN.
    Also, if check out size of the baby, if its large, probably they may induce you at 38 or 39 weeks.
    If everything is normal, you may adviced to take complete bedrest. So, dont do any hard things.
    Don't be stressed and stay positive!!

3. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

hi priyamommy,

Thanks for your comfort. I did call my MW and I was asked to go to the day care assesment. They checked BP, urine and temperature ands was put on fetal montior fr 2 hrs. Then they asked me to wait for the doctor. Doctor took a swob and did a vaginal examination to check the head of baby. The swob test was painful but it was better at the end. They said everything is fine and a swob is taken to rule out any infection. So need to wait for results.

I was asked to come again if I had heavy bleeding. But atleast I was convinced baby is fine.
    Hope all goes well.

Regards
    PW