When should I do baby shower?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by satin, Oct 7, 2009.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I am very confused about the dates I should do baby shower,my LMP was on July 17th and I will be 3 months pregnant this 16th.We are planning to do in the 5th month,my doubt is should we do it after the 5th month is complete like 5.5 months or from the starting date of the 5th months,I am so confused.For me 1st month is from July 17th - Aug.17th,second month from Aug.17th - Sep.17th,third month from Sep.17th - Oct.17th,fourth month from Oct.17th - Nov.17th,fifth month Nov.17th - Dec.17th,so should I do between Nov.17th and Dec.17 or after Dec.17 when I will be 5.5 like that.Please help me out in this.

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Satin,

We have the baby shower in the seventh month or at the start of the ninth month. You can calculate and have the baby shower done accordingly.

Regards,
    Lynette

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

thanks that is the answer i want,i was not sure if its the end or at the start.

4. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I heard that baby shower can be done in any odd month i.e. 5th, 7th or 9th month. Couple of my friends here had it in 5th month.
    So if u want to have ur baby shower in 5th month u can have it. But u should have it at the start of the odd month and before the end of it i.e. u can have ur baby shower anytime before the start of the 6th month if u want to have it in 5th month.
    -priya

[​IMG]

5. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

i would suggest IN the 5th or 7th month. in your case - before 17th of the month. ideally around 20-25th of the 5th/7th month.
    good luck and cheers :)

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Satin,

I had my baby shower at the start of the 7th month. I could enjoy the function since I was not all that big and heavy at that time. As others mentioned odd months are considered to be good for baby showers.

Try not to take it to the 9th month. You will be fagged out in the function and get tired easily.

Regards,
    Lynette

7. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Hi hydgrr,jhalli27,lee50,

Thank you so much for your replies.I was so confused because anyway we planned to have it in 5th month and I have been thinking from Dec.17 to Jan.17th and was relaxed,suddenly I was thinking whether it was at the end or at the beginning of 5th month because I am planning to have my baby shower in chennai only so atleast now I knew and can tel my parents to start arranging for it and I have to start shopping for my saree and other stuff.