Cervix Length in Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Vasuma09, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gals,

I am 27 weeks pregnant, During my anomaly scan (23 weeks) my cervix length was 32mm.Sonographer told me everything is normal and I showed my scan report to GP and she told me all measurements and baby looks fine. she asked me to be more active and do regular walking.

Today just like that I browse internet to search some useful article for pregnancy, In one article they mentioned that cervix length should be 3 - 4cm which is normal and anything below 2.5 is red flag.

Now my question, Is my cervix length is normal or should be 4cm, I don't have much idea abt cervix length, I asked 2 times to my sonographer to know everything is normal, she insisted me all looks fine so need for further scan,Gals please throw some light on cervical length and tell me wheather I stand in normal range.Should i go to GP to check my cervix length, but am sure she will not allow me to go for another scan, please pour your suggestions..

Regards
    Vasuma

2. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasuma,

I am not much aware of cervix but believe what your doctor tell you.As they are more educated and well known about it. Don't be tensed by reading many articles and confuse yourself. Hope other Il's might answer you. By the way do you know your cervix length?

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hey

you are 3.2 cm which is well within normal range and it will improve over the coming weeks. Dont worry , you are ddoing great.

Deepa

4. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Please dont search anything related to pregnancy in Internet,bcos it depends on individual and rely only on ur doctor,most of the time the articles turns out to be false in our case and gives us unwanted tension and I am telling this by experience.

5. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gitu, Deepa and Satin,

Thanks for all your replies, It is very convincing.

Regards
    Vasuma