Advice about Pregancy chk ups in US

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by jkpriyadarshini, Sep 15, 2009.

1. jkpriyadarshini

jkpriyadarshini New IL'ite

Friends,

Its been so long since i came to this site after i once narrated my problems.Now it is tme for smething good to share.:)

This is my first pregnancy and im really nervous about it. I just called up the blue cross blue shield customer service and asked abt the benefits of our insurance. The lady told me many things but i could understnad even a single bit. I do understand english but the terms were really latin and greek. :)
    I have tested twice at home with a preg kit from the dollar store. Both times it showed positive.
    Kindly advice me on
    1. What all i should know abt insurance policy coverage before i go to a doc?
    2. How much does it generally cost here in US?
    3. How to choose doctors?

I have been googling for some time and have some info with me.But, thought to get some expert advice too.

Please help me gals.

Love,
    Priya

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Priya...

Congrats !

You can go the website... If you have a login, go inside and search for the full data of Physicians/hospitals who are approved to your insurance.

Also... you have to check your insurance about "Out of pocket expenses" by calling them or mailing them.

Regarding the doctors... you can search with respect to the your location/experience.

Hope it helps...

3. jkpriyadarshini

Gowri,

Thanks for your reply dear. Yeah, i remember that customer care female saying something about out of pocket expenses.
    We saw the website and saw a list of doctors under OBN/GYN catoegory and later googled about their reviews in ratemds dot com. This same website linked me to a local gov website which told me abt there education/licens details.
    Do u think im in the right direction ?
    Im just so curious how many times will i have to go for check to doc. Is it once a month?

Thanks dear..

-Priya-

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Priya...

Good... the doctors/hospitals specified in the insurance website is what we needed. Also cross check with the doctors....(with the phone no available) whether they will accept your insurance !! <cite>
    Whatever you are doing is right .... google the doctor's name and check about their experience and reviews !! There are many website to check ... also. Any information you get from the web... get it confirmed by calling them ... that is very important.

Regarding the check up ... it depends upon the doctor and your condition prevailing at that time!!

Take care of your health.... enjoy your time!
    </cite>

5. jkpriyadarshini

Thanks gowri for ur lovely supportive words. Will keep it mind and convey it to DH too!!