Lower back pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by AnithaPartha, Sep 10, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

Iam in my 21 weeks. Past 1 week since am having severe lower back pain. Pain is exactly in middle of my butts. Its not normal back ache near hips or something but it is in the mid section of my butt region. GYN said its coaxy bone there(not very sure about bone name). Iam working and travelling by bus & train daily. Can you let me know if anybody faced such issues?

IAm planning to carry a pillow in the coming weeks to sit on it. I also started for a short walk every 30min during my work and getting back to home soon and going for walks which makes me comfortable. If I sit then my bone aches :drowning.

please advice:bowdown

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

pretty normal. it's your pubic bone moving around due to pregnancy. I had the same, and it just got worse the more pregnant I got. infact, my son is now 1 year old and I still have it :-(

sitting on a pillow will definitely help. here in the usa we get something called an epi-pillow which is shaped like a tyre. I found it extremely helpful to sit on that. my mom told me she used an actual tyre when she was pregnant since epi-pillows were non-existent then! you can get it at babies r us. costs around 30 bucks but it's worth every penny! I still use it!

walking definitely helps, as well as getting someone to massage your butt for you (what a great job for hubby dearest ;-)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

I had the same problem, but it went down by around 25-26 weeks. May be you will have other things to worry about then :).

After a month or so, you can start doing some back exercises as prescribed by your doc/child birth educator to ease back pain.

Having a pillow definitely helps. Also be conscious of your position at work. Try to more around more.

4. AnithaPartha

DEar Pmahensa, Sumanr

Thanks a lot for your replies. Feeling cool now. I was more worried because my coccy bone really hurts me a lot when I travel in bus and sit in office during work and pain is there till I sleep :spin. Iam in my 21-22weeks now. And my problem started 10 days back. I ordered a donut cushion(looks like a tyre only with center hole). Is that what you are referring to?

Also, will this pain goes off? Iam working and I couldnt sit for more hours or when never I get up I feel a horrible pain. My pain is exactly in mid of my butt region. Its called coccy bone pain seems. we met a Chiropractor and she told me the same. She said she cant do any x-ray or anything during this time.

Sumanr - Did it go away for you in your 24 weeks. when did you feel this pain? Iam eagerly waiting for this pain to go away :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. AnithaPartha

Also ladies,

I got a hand sprain since a week(not sure if I slept on my left hand) but when I asked doctor she said for few ladies hand pain will be there during pregnancy.. any body faced such issues pls let me know:bowdown

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

dear anitha, pains will come and go throughout your pregnancy... so dont worry.
    unless there are unusual signs like cramping a lot or bloody discharge, you would want to be alarmed. but otherwise pregnancy pains are different for different people. next bunch of wks will rather be easy for you, infact in your 6th month , 7th month as well you will feel quite energetic.make use of those to go shopping , enjoy good food....coz the last 2 months will bring in more pains...m in my last month and although i am struggling with severe severe back and groin pain everyday , i keep myself positive thinking my bub is going to be out soon!!!! yippie!

wish you a healthy pregnancy girl!

7. chukku

chukku Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am really feeling so relived on seeing this thread as i am facing all these pains and when i say it to my doctor she simply shouts "all pregnant ladies will have this if you want baby you have to face them". I was so depressed as why she cant tell this gently but now going to india so i can surely get a doctor with patience and care.
    I too have this pain exactly like anitha when i get up sometimes i really shout "oops its paining too much". I also have pain in my hands as well as shoulders which will sometime gets severe till my neck. So now adays i keep on changing my sides and positions. This helps me better but disturbs my sleep a little.
    Any how all these pains will vanish as soon as we see our baby:)
    Happy and safe pregnancy
    Chukku

8. AnithaPartha

Dear Chukku,

I understand. Bad on your doctor side. find a better one soon !
    If you feel pain when you sit and get up then it is coccyx bone pain(last bone in our body or you can call it as tail bone).

That too when working its horrible only. For me I need to travel like 45min(to) & train 15min and again 45min(fro) travel. And I need to sit like 8hrs on my chair in office and pain will get worst in the evening time. When I sleep this pain will go away because bone will be resting.

Try to use donut pillow(looks like a tyre) which my chiropractor asked me to use it. My sitti also had same problem when she was pregnant years ago. So we need to manage such pains I feel. Iam already in my 6th month and pain started 10days back and it is going on.

I had 3weeks viral infection in my 4th month and after that this is horrible now. Not sure if this will be there till dleivery or not. I havent tried using that pillow but I have given online delivery.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  9. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I have also faced a similar pain in this pregnancy during the 5th and 6th months. By the 7th month the pain vanished of its own. Dont sit in same position for long hours and dont sit on hard surfaces. The pillow will def work.
    Hang in there. You shall find relief soon.