Vertigo in 36 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sumanr, Sep 6, 2009.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies

For over 2 weeks now, I have ben sufferring from vertigo. This used to occur once in a week/10 days, but for the past 3 days, I am getting this everyday.

It is the feeling of spinning, nothing to do with BP, sugar or fainting. It does not matter if I eat well or not. Vertigo just comes, stays for 5-10 min and goes away. I have checked with ENT who has ruled out all possibilities of ear infection, fluid imbalance etc.

The problem is that once you have a bout of this for 10 min, you almost feel tired for over 8-10 hours and have head-aches and unsteadiness.

Both allopathy and homeopathy does not help.

Do any of u have similar experience?

thanks
    Ramya

2. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi ramya ,
    i really feel very sorry for u ,i have been suffering from vertigio for tha past 4 yrs . i have udergone all tests including an MRI but everthing is normal. the doctor has prescribed VERTIN and it works a little for me ,BUT SINCE U ARE PREGNANT PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR, but more than the medicine. they suggested that i sleep on the floor (no mattress ) and NO PILLOWS this has really helped me a lot and i am feeling a bit better now try this ! all the best !
    mullai

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ramya, like Mullai I was also wondering if it has something to do with spondylosis. Are you in any kind of stressful situation? Hope you feel better. Hugs.

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mullai & Tikka,

Also checked that this has nothing to do with spondilysis. I have never had vertigo in the past.
    The problem is that Docs cannot give any treatment or medicine now as I am 36 weeks.
    Only hope is to pull along for another 4 weeks (phew .....:spin).

Many also say that this will be gone once I deliver. Lets wait and watch.
    I am also able to detect some scenarios which trigger this, so trying to avoid those.

Thanks for being there.

regards
    Ramya

5. milli74

milli74 New IL'ite

Hi Sumanr,

I have been having vertigo past almost 7 years, got MRI done, went to Doctors ranging from internal medicine, gastro-entrologist to Nuerologist with all the test coming clear as in your case. Ultimately they suggesting me to see even physiciatrist because they did not find any medical reasoning backing my stated problem ...ridiculose. Ultimately one of my know ob-gyn aunty gave me her sampler Stugeron tablets and it worked wonders on me. Overnight I felt as fresh as I was never sick. Check out with your Doctor about this tablet, since you are pregnant ofcourse. Also at the incoming of Vertigo pain if I take Salted Lemon juice, it relieves me greatly within 15 minutes. Though I need to keep taking it every 4-6 hours. Doctors find no logic to this when I mention this to them but I swear it works on me. As also lemon juice is healthy and has no side effects on your pregnancy...why don't you try this one out.

But too much of salt intake reflects in water retention in our body hence you may find your hands and feets sometimes face a bit swollen especially as you are pregnant. This is just to let you know.