Anyone using/used Naturogest ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by kvds, Sep 3, 2009.

1. kvds

kvds New IL'ite

Hi IL friends,

I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant now.
    My doctor has adviced me to use naturogest Capsule ( for vaginal insertion) to prevent miscarriage.
    My problem is that, after inserting the capsule, as long as am' on bed it's fine. But once I start moving around or urinate etc, a thick mass of discharge with a medical odour comes out and it's to messy.
    I'm worried if the medicine is reching the uterus or not !
    Is there anyone of U who have used this and had similar experience ?

Looking forward for ur replies.

2. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    As you mentioned in your mail , this capsule is used to support your pregnancy in initial days..after inserting the tablet dont move for atleast 30 mins..You can used this tablet at night so that you can avoid discharge.

3. kvds

kvds New IL'ite

Hi Vasuma,

Thanks for ur reply.
    Actually I have 2 use the capsule thrice a day as per my Doc.
    I try not to get up or move around for atleast 30 mins. But once I get up, discharge starts.
    Have u been using that capsule at any point of time ?

4. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Am sorry i didn't used that tablet, have you checked with your doctor like what is the procedure to be taken after inserting the tablet to avoid discharge.

5. Gomes

Gomes New IL'ite

I have used naturogest till the 7th month of my pregnancy. I had all the complication during pregnancy. Please insert it in the vagina and rest for 15 mins. There is nothing wrong if you have discharges, it is advised if you can take it orally during the day and insert it in the vagina during the night and sleep. All the very best.

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Kvds,

I had a miscarriage earlier and had the vaginal insertion capsule. Though the miscarriage was not because of the capsule. I know it is very messy.

When I conceived again, I was put on oral capsules. May be you can talk to your gynaec about the capsules in your next visit. For me the oral capsules worked well :thumbsup.

7. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Doc prescribed Naturogest 200mg

Hi all,

Iam around 7 weeks 2 days and the fetal length is around 6 week 5 days. I had a scan today and the doc found the heart beat to be normal. But she prescribed Naturigest 200 mg...asked me to take once a day just to protect the baby(did not mention about oral or baginal consumption). No tests were done.

Do doctors pescribe such tablets generally. I have always stayed away from tablets...I dont even take desprin....Iam scared to take this hormone tablet...Please suggest.

which is the best way to consume. Oral or vaginal......

sirisha

8. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Re: Doc prescribed Naturogest 200mg

Hi Sirisha,
    Naturogest is a progesterone gel tablet. If you have a history of miscarriages they would suggest this tablet. Also because placenta cannot produce progesterone till 12 weeks. After that Placenta itself takes care of releasing this hormone.
    I was put on this gel tab (vaginally) till the end of first trimester.
    I would suggest you call up your gynec and ask her whether to take orally or vaginally. Its a pregnancy safe medication so don't worry.
    Hansika

9. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi Hansika,

Thanks a lot. This is my first pregnancy and i have no history of miscarriages. As you say the doc might have given it as a precautionary measure.

Just got reminded of onething she said "take it after food once a day". So i guess she intended to say orally...will anyways confirm it...Thanks a lot.

Sirisha

10. bushfa

bushfa New IL'ite

Hai...
    Even I was asked to take Naturogest... I started taking it frm the day I confirmed my pregnancy and till now(i.e.25weeks pregnant)I am taking it..
    My doc said it gives protection to uterus and its a progestrone hormone..
    I am taking it orallly... I used to have it 3times a day till my 20th week.. Now I am taking it 2times daily...
    I had a history of miscarriage and right now I am having twins... And I have the problem of PCOD too... May b these r the reasons for which I am prescribed with ths tablet...!!
    I dont think it wil create any harm to u...
    With Love...
    Bini...