To beauty parlour during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by hasini08, Jul 16, 2009.

1. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

My seemandam is fixed in the month of Aug. I would like to do waxing, Fruit facial and put mehendi with the cone we buy from shop. Is it advisable to do these and use the cone? Will the chemicals in the cone affect the baby?

2. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hasini, Congrats on the seemandam. I am sure you can do waxing. Fruit facial, not sure as in most of the parlours you need to lie on your back for atleast 45 mins to 1 hr (duration of the facial). Ask them if they can do with you in the reclaining chair that they use for threading, hair cut and such. Not sure about the mehendi cone. Even I would love to have a nice mehendi on my hands but waiting for other Ilites to give their verdict.Enjoy!

3. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha. Ok happy to know that I can do waxing and for facial , I will not be going to the beauty parlour, I ask the beautician to come home :) so she said I can sit on a chair. Again for the mehendi cone, which am eagerly looking forward, let us wait n see what the others have to say :)

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

HI Hasini,
    Congrats on your baby shower function. Its absolutely fine with any external application. But if you are okay to sit down long hours for waxing,facial and mehandi then go ahead and do by taking some break time.

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I personally would advice to think twice b4 going for waxing...

how comfortable are you while waxing ?

Because some exert pressure, some sit cool, ......

Even if there is a mild strain you would exert your full weight on your body, which trigger back pains...Ofcourse this differs from one person to another...I cannot bear the pain due to waxing, so i tend to strain more...

6. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Cindhuja and Priya for replying. I did a fruit facial , my mom did not allow me to do bleach, so didnt. I am very much comfortable with waxing, so did the same , didnt get any pain so no trouble. :thumbsup:-)

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

8. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

hi ,
    I did all 3 before my seemantham, ie, waxing, facial & applied mehandi in a parlour.
    I had no problem. but, i would like to tell, if your body reacts to cold then you might end up with fever, if you apply mehandi

regards,