Burning sensation in left thigh during sleep

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by lvarada, Jul 8, 2009.

1. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    For the past couple of weeks I have been having burning sensation in my left upper thigh. The sensation is not felt throughout the thigh just in one particular place the size of my palm. It starts as a tingly sensation and then gradually changes to mild to severe burning sensation. This happens if I lie on my back or on my left side. I have also notices that this happens even if I stretch my left leg straight whie sitting. So now forced to sleep only on the right side and even this is not comfortable as that side is paining in the morning and I don’t feel refreshed in the morning L
    I raised this with my Diabetic doctor during this month’s regular check up and he had prescribed me an ointment (to relieve the pain) but its not helping. Is this associated with Blood sugar or with pregnancy. Not sure if I need to raise this with my gyn…please throw some light if anyone has experienced similar pain / sensation.

2. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ivarada,

I feel it could be due to the dryness of the sin because we are always sleeping on sides. Did u try taking oil bath? It is too good if you can apply warm oil all over your body and then take bath after 30 min everyday, that stretches your muscles and also reduces the srtetch marks and provides elasticity.

You can also speak to your gyn because some people get this itching during pregnancy. During my last visit to the gyn, one lady had come with the same problem.

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hasini, thanks for the reply. Every day before going to bed and before dinner I have bath and slather myself with stretch marks removal cream or moisturizing creams. So I can definitely rule out dry skin. I don't have itching but its I can feel as though my skin is on fire at that particular place. My next monthly appointment with the gyn is on 20th of this month. This is high on my list of things to be checked out with her.

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Ivarda,

I am not sure of the reason why it happens now during pregnancy, but I just jumped in to tell this has been a common thing for me, thou not during my pregnancy... Even my skin is not a dry skin and that is not due to dry skin for sure... It will be there for few days and it goes off automatically... In any case, it is always better to consult your Gynaec. BTW, whom are u consulting for your pregnancy?

Vidyaa

5. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Vidyaa, I am consulting Dr.Latha Jawahar of Mehta hospitals, Chetpet. she has been recommended by couple of DH's close friends.