Severe lower abs pain just before passing stools

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by AnithaPartha, Jul 7, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

Past 1 week since am facing a different issue. Before passing stools Iam getting severe lower abs pain.

Pain is like some war going on between my stomach nerves like. I couldnt describe the pain more(hope you can understand).

I dont have constipation problem. Iam drinking buttermilk, water whole day.

Anybody any suggestions? Do I have to ask my GYN about this? Any home remedies please !

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

anitha, increase your water intake even more and include fibre in any form, whole wheat bread, apple etc. bananas help a lot... every hour or so drink water!
    try not to force passing out stools, will lead to hemorrhoids instead!
    i know you are drinking water but increase more fluid intake in other forms as well... milk, juices etc...
    if you are a non vegetarian stop nveg altogether for the time being.
    if still no relief i suggest you speak to your doc :)

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I see from your ticker you are about to start 2nd trimester. Are you on Iron? Iron tablets does that to some people. I was put on Iron in the second tri and thought I had no constipation there was some discomfort while passing BM. just a thought. In your place I will ask the doc and if she suggests Iron could be the cause then look for various forms of iron supplementation.
    From the link:

Ferrous fumarate worked best for me but I needed to be on Iron supplementation longer than the mandatory 100 days. Hope this helps.

4. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Yes Tikka is right . I had the same problem 2 weeks back. I used to get a pain and then will feel like passing stools. Once done ,feel relieved.

I was taking an iron tablet which was causing this problem. Ceratin iron tablets create this problem. I have stopped my iron tablet since 2 weeks and there is abs no pain and doc has prescribed another multi vitamin to replace the iron tablet . You can talk to your gyn and get another medicine for the iron tablet you are taking.

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

I second with Tikka. This is due to Iron supplements for few. Infact I too suffered with the same in my 4th mnth.

6. AnithaPartha

Oh Ladies, Iam not taking iron tablets at all. I had that pain last week but this week much better.

MY pains are often ON & OFF.

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Oops, my bad. Iron is often the culprit. But I had a very uncomfortable pregnancy from the pov of my digestive system, even otherwise. Things get squished up with the growing baby. Often had reflux and painful bowel movement the other end. I think you are doing good with fluids and fibre. Good luck.

8. AnithaPartha

Ladies,

I met my GYN today and she said this is due to constipation problem and asked me to take COLACE 3 times a day. But I felt better today. Let me wait till a day or two to see if again problem arises or not. If so then planning to take that tablet.

9. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

instead of colace try drinking prune juice ... it worked wonders for me after delivery when colae was not working at all

10. anoop2007

anoop2007 New IL'ite

Dear AnithaParhta,

Try to take a lot of fibre .Drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day.You can also walk for half-an -hour daily.Hope this would help.Take care!God Bless you!

Regards,
    Anoop2007