Dark spots in breast in 23rd week

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by VidyaaJ, May 22, 2009.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

I find so many dark brown spots on both of my breasts suddenly from yesterday. It i snot only around nipple but on the sides and the bottom of the breasts as well...

I am really worried about this. Is this common or is this something to be concerned... I have not read in IL from anyone that they have dark brown spots during pregnancy...

I am feeling bad.. please help.... :(

Love,
    Vidyaa

2. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa
    I am sure you would be checking with your doc pretty soon. However, i dont think its anything to worry. I had some marks on my legs that developed during my first pregnancy, and I was very worried. But soon after the delivery, i dont know when, but they just vanished. I am not sure of the medical reason behind it. but i was then told that it happens.

but since this is something to do with the breasts, get it checked with your doc and clear your doubts. dont worry.. ! keep us informed dear..

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Vidya,
    Most likely it's the stretch marks. You can get stretch marks on stomach, breasts, and thighs. But just to make sure check with your doc.

Take care

4. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

Vidyaa,

I also have dark brown spots in breasts just like you mentioned... But i really dont know if it is any problem. i didnt pay much attention to it and i dont feel any kind of irritation..i dont know if it is stretch mark..it doesn't look so..

5. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya

Its completely normal. The skin undergoes a lot of changes because of harmones and one is pigmentation. Its called cholasma, seen on face arms, breasts and will fade away after delivery.

Deepa
    Childbirth Educator

6. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dear Asha,sudha, peevee and deepa,

Thanks for ur reply.. It has really helped me to get lot of relief... I called my doctor today and said we wanted to meet her for this.. The moment we said I have dark spots in my breasts, she said, it is nothing but very normal during preg and it is not required to even visit her to check that..

So, girls thank u so much.. and be aware that it is normal...

Love.
    Vidyaa

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi vidya,
    Yes, this is due to harmonal changes and blood changes happening during pregnancy and absolutely normal. So, as soon as delivery is over, they will start disappearing.

8. savsuhail

savsuhail New IL'ite

sewing nappies

Can anybody help me to stitch nappy ?????
    Am in my 9th month now and wanna stitch nappies for my baby myself.

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Re: sewing nappies

Savsuhail,

A google search will turn up lots of patterns and instructions on how to sew nappies - from fitted ones to waterproof ones. Sorry I am unable to give you a link but I am sure you can find something if you just search on google.

Regards,
    Anitha

10. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: sewing nappies

I used a wee weka pattern for one size fits all, you can easily google it. Another site that is quite helpful is diapersewing.com... all the best for your sewing and your LO