16 Weeks Pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chithraa, May 20, 2009.

1. chithraa

chithraa New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 16 weeks pregnant, Can u pls share the do's and dont's.
    And what food i hav to take during 16weeks onwards...

I am worried.. if i am taking proper food or not and wat has to be taken now onwards for normal delivery.

Pls advice.

Thanks in Advance,

Chithraa.

2. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

chitraa,
    congrats on your pregnancy..first of all i would like to tell you that none of the food that you eat guaranty a normal delivery..emergency c-sections may require due to many reasons even when the labour proceeds normally..but you can take care avoiding the junk foods which can cause a lot of weight gain and lead to an unncessary c-section. try to eat green vegetables and leafy vegetables..drink milk 2-3 times a day, add more protein rich items (moong dal, chick peas, green gram dal, etc) and try to reduce the carbohydrate (mainly rice) intakes..if your pregnancy is normal without any complication, you can do light workouts like walking everyday..ask your doctor before you start any workout..dont strain yourself too much..do not lift heavy stuffs..

other members would add more info..take care of yourself..be happy and have a healthy pregnancy..

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I suggest you take childbirth classes and contact bangalore birth network for recommendations. Its the best decision you will make in having a beautiful pregnancy and natural and normal delivery.

Deepa

4. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi chithra, congrats! I am also 15 weeks preg. dont worry abt c-sec and delivery now. just enjoy ur pregnancy, eat well and take rest.
    good exercises, healthy food is all u need to think abt now.
    like PeeVee mentioned make sure u get enough protien, calcium, fat etc reduce sweets. it is ok to have it in moderation. take fiber rich foods also.
    if u have problems abt wt gaining like me then u can take good carbohydrate foods. but if ur wt gain is all normal then do eat rice but also take whole wheat or whole grains also in ur diet.
    Lots of veggies and fruits, nuts, dried fruits and good fat is important.
    If u want to know anything in particular abt diet do post.
    Priya

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Chitraa, Congrats!! Also you can join the Mommies Club, each month has a club based on your delivery month. Here we all share our experiences and lots of information.

Link to October Mommies Club --> http://www.indusladies.com/forums/due-date-clubs/49221-october-2009-mommies-29.html

:thumbsupAlso they say C-section or Normal it all depends, my friend she did lots of walking, swimming, not overweight, everything normal, but in the last baby heart beat was reducing so they had to do C-section. So it all depends leave in on doctor. You simply enjoy your Pregnancy :)

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Congratulations Chitra.Enjoy your journey.Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables,Drink juices and fluids.Take rest and don't stress yourself.

Walk in second and third trisemester .Csection or normal delivery is not in your hands.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Chithra!!! take care of your health and have good rest....think positive and always try to be happy andsmiling...

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi chirthra
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. Intakes will not decide Normal/C-section, infact nothing to be decided at this stage as it is just 16 weeks and lot to go.
    Try to eat healthy food and be happy. Because its time to enjoy these days as its one of the precious times in life.

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Congratulations on your pregnancy... Just relax and enjoy the pregnancy and everything will be fine.. .take good care of yourself...

Love,
    Vidyaa