Not At all feeling hungry :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sonasanju, Apr 20, 2009.

1. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies...

I am into my 10th week now..and I am not at all feeling hungry...no cravings...have an aversion for food..just stuff myself for the baby... no appetite..The doc has given me some tonic ...but that too is not doing any good...

also, in the mornings, while brushing my teeth..I get some sort of weird feeling and vomit dark yellow color liquid..which tastes bitter like hell....
    Is this normal during pregnancy? This is happening from last 2-3 weeks

Cheers
    Sona

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sona,
    congrats on your pregnacy!!!! it is quite common, so do not get panic. even if you do not feel hungry take little by little with regular interval
    do not eat to much spicy foods. though you feel like eating pickles do not take too much. take care.

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi SonaSAnju

Nothing to worry at all. The first trimester is normally like that. you may have a metallic taste in your mouth and what you vomit is bile.

My suggestion to you is to keep some dry biscuits st your bedside and eat it before you even get up from you bed without brushing. Once some snacks go into your stomach bile will not come out like that. Sometimes toothpaste can make you puke , you could use a little salt for a few days.

Also eat normally , healthy and what suits you. There is no need to stuff yourself. Soon all this will go away and you will start feeling hungry.

Take care

Deepa

4. jyothijyothi

jyothijyothi New IL'ite

hey sona, i am also 9 week pregnant and same thing is happening to me, i was shocked to see your mail. Me too not hungry and i am scared for baby. I feel so boring to eat. I even feel like not getting up from bed in the morning becasue i have to eat.

5. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

Hey Jyothi..

Dont worry too much...things will settle slowly after your body gets used to this new thing growing inside
    Me too dont feel like eating or even cooking...I am going lazy day by day i feel...
    Hope things will be normal soon

Cheers
    Sona

6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

First trisemester,you don't feel like eating anything.Just try to drink lot of water/juices,Fruits.Eat in small quantities at regular intervals.

7. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Even I have the same feeling. Me in my 9th week. Try to have lots of fruits instead of Fruit juices as my Dr told me that most of the valuable fibers in the fruits are lots when they are juiced. So I try a variety of fruits like apple, orange, watermelon, pomagranets etc. If you can try drinking 2 glasses of milk a day.

Regards,
    lvarada

8. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Sona/Jyothi...

First trimester we also tend to loose some weight...so dont be panicky if you are not having a good apetite....I am a mother of 6 months old...and in my first trimester i reduced 5 pounds , did not have an apetite at alll...i hated the smell of the kitchen at all...i never cooked...and even i vomitted the yellow color liquid in the early morning while brushing...
    But U wont beleive....once the first trimester was over, i was really hungry and started eating a variety of foods (though i have aversion to a few foods, eg: I hated the smell of frying onions) and I started gaining consistently....

And wish both of you have a safe healthy and happy pregnancy...

9. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

sona,

i too had the same feeling in my first trimester. i was ok with the smell of cooking. but i was not hungry and the same problem with early morning brushing..but everything vanished in the second trimester..wait gals..its only 3-4 weeks to reach the wonderful second trimester, i guess the best period throuh your pregnancy..

10. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi all

I completed my 25 weeks pregnancy.I dont feel hungry at all.I eat just mechanically at regular intervals.
    Is this normal.Normally ppl say during second trimester ppl feel more hungry and why I dont?