Aching gums and headaches

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by waitingForTej, Mar 17, 2009.

1. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

hi girls,

did anyone of you wake up one morning in your 1st trimester and experience aching gums? How about headaches... I've been experiencing real bad headaches too.... No vomitting or anything, just slight nausea. My gums are hurting so bad that they're increasing my headache.

hope to hear from any of you

Thanks

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi WaitingForTej,
    NO worries, its pretty common during first trimester. As soon as you are into second trimester, the problems will disappear one by one on its own.
    So enjoy this period!!!!!Whenever you feel the pain, just try to divert yourself into some other work.
    Have a great pregnancy period.

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Normally some changes in the harmones also work on the gums and teeth and bleeding form gums is normal. So it should go away. Maybe you can try to apply little clove oil. If its too bad check with your doc.

See if this works for your headache:

Eating every couple of hours and get some fresh air.
    If there is a slight feeling of a headache apply ice pack to forehead. Will enable blood vessels to contract.
    Put a hot water bottle on your feet. Will draw blood away from head towards feet.
    A foot massage with pressure on a big toe can help as it is the pressure point for headache. maybe your hubby can give a general massage and rub your shoulders, temple area, between the eyebrows in a circular motion.
    Painkiller after consulting doc.
    If you have a severe headache accompanied by blurry vision, seek immediate medical help as it can indicate high blood pressure.

Hope this helps
    Deepa

4. NewWoman

NewWoman Senior IL'ite

I had aching gums during my first trimester which disappeared after I increased my calcium intake (more milk and yogurt). You could try that. Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your pregnancy.