18weeks pregnent and worried

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by gurus, Dec 21, 2008.

1. gurus

gurus New IL'ite

hi there.i'm 28 yrs old married for 8 yrs and already had a misscarriage 6yrs back.after that i tried a lot but was not able to concieve.i did 3 unsuccessful ivf but now after 6 yrs i'm pregnent with 18 weeks pregnency but i'm worried all the times.frm last i week i had lot of pain in my stomach and my doc told me it';s acidity.i tried all the medicines the pain just comes and goes.i'm more concerned now bcz now people have started asking me do i feel the baby movement but i don't feel anythng.in india doc don't do ultrasound more then once a month so now i'm more worried.plz smeone help me what should i do.now a days i can't even eat more bcz of the pain and taking lods of medicines.is it gonna affect my baby.at what time normally u feel the baby's movement and if anythng is wrong with the baby how i'm gonna know.plz smeone help me.:-(

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi there Gurus...

Sometimes baby's movement can be felt later, in the 20th week or so... Sometimes movements are mistaken of gas & not even felt by moms-to-be.

Don't worry, I am sure all is fine with you.

Take care & think positive.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Ani is right.Just wanted to add-it is not okay to take all sorts of medicine while you are pregnant.Please be cautious.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Right.Not all of them feel the movements until 20th week.

Did you consult with your doctor about the intake of medicines?Did she say to proceed with all the medicines,if so it is ok ,otherwise talk to your doctor.

Take care and relax and don't worry.

5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Gurus,
    Just try not think too much about too many things...Try to be positive..
    Even I am pregnant (15 weeks) and I spoke to my doc yesterday..She said most first time moms wont feel the baby until atleast 20 weeks sometimes not even until 22-24 weeks...So try to relax and not worry...When people ask you, just ignore them and say you will let then know when you actually feel anything or else just smile and keep quiet....I know it can be frustrating to face such questions...Even I faced 2 pregnancy losses but I am trying to be positive...Pray god and he will take care of everything..
    And regarding the medicines you are taking, I hope they are prescried by your doctor and safe to take during pregnancy...
    Just take it easy and be positive

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Gurus,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Don't worry about the movements. As others here have said, first time mothers may not feel the movements till 20 weeks or later. If you are still worried, why don't you drop in for a check up with your doc? I am sure your doc will be able to reassure you. Also as others have said, do not take excessive medication unless approved by your doc. Try to take small but frequent meals throughout the day to decrease acidity in the stomach. Also, try to ensure that your stomach is not empty - an empty stomach increases problems of acidity. Take care.

Regards,
    Anitha