Sharp stomach pain left side in 32nd week of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nidhi99, Dec 2, 2008.

1. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I feel pain in my stomach left side any time in a day and when I lie down...It is gone....I am feeling this from last one and half week. I had doctor's visit during this period and she checked my cervix and said it is getting thinner...She advised me to take rest but I am working too...Though I work on computer whole day....My doctor was also fine with that.

I am worried about this pain...what can be the reason for that...Is that normal...or this is the sign for early pregnancy(prematured baby)....As I am in my 32nd week ...I do not want my baby to come before 36th week...Is this ok if my dilation has started now...or it is too early...Please girls help me...This is my first baby....and I have no knowledge..

Thanks,

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

You can be dilated for weeks before you deliver so don't worry. For the pains, try to drink lots of water. That generally helps. Also, sleep on your left side with a pillow under your feet, another one between your legs and one underneath your stomach for support. And try to take it easy at work. Take a short 5 minte walk every hour or hour and half. Don't worry, as long as your doctor is not worried, everything will be fine.

3. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Thanks pmahensa,

I forgot to mention another issue...I have swelling in my feet and ankles...and when I pull my left leg towards front side...it creates pain in my pelvic area bone....Is that also normal.....